Summer Transfer Thread 2019

Soldato
Dybala, Fernandes, Rodri, Pepe...

I know that Klopp doesnt want to buy just for the sake of buying but I do feel a little envious of the transfer excitements that other teams followers are having in comparison to what is being a very dull transfer window for Liverpool.

You had your fun last year with Van Dijk and Alisson.

You must have had a huge windfall from winning the Champions League so I'm sure Liverpool have mega funds if they think a player is the right profile.

Man of Honour
You had your fun last year with Van Dijk and Alisson.

You must have had a huge windfall from winning the Champions League so I'm sure Liverpool have mega funds if they think a player is the right profile.

Yeah, I'm sure we probably had one of the largest profits last year of any team.

I know I shouldnt just want a signing for the sake of it but I do find that a good large signing creates a boost, amongst both the players and the fans. Right now I'm not seeing that boost, in fact things feel kind of flat. I mean they shouldnt feel that way, we just won the champions league, everyone should be buzzing around the club but from what I've seen and felt so far..it feels flat. Hopefully a good opening day win will give a boost.

Soldato
why is that any better than all in one go or over 2 seasons.

because if you have 80 million for example and pay 70 million for the player you have nothing left

pay 40mill up front and 30 million over 5 years you still have 40 million for another addition

bit like why pay for a high value item in the house in one go when you can pay it over 24months interest free......

Soldato
because if you have 80 million for example and pay 70 million for the player you have nothing left

pay 40mill up front and 30 million over 5 years you still have 40 million for another addition

bit like why pay for a high value item in the house in one go when you can pay it over 24months interest free......

Apart from he isnt worth 70 million.

Caporegime
It's a good move for United, but I don't understand it from a Juve perspective. Unless things at hoe with Dybala aren't going well.

Lukaku has good stats on paper. He has scored over 20 goals a season for 4 out of the past 5 years. I guess what Juve do not realise is his goals come from bullying weak defences and against rubbish teams where he can use his bulk. His tallent at his feet is questionable.

fez

fez

Caporegime

Your budget is your budget, if you are paying for last years players next year then your budget is reduced. Paying over 24 months doesn’t give you any more money in the end.

fez

fez

Caporegime
It cannot be a surprise to you that clubs don't always pay everything up front?

Its not a surprise, I'm sure a lot of clubs do it but that doesn't change my point that money is money. If you have £15m a year to spend on transfers and you buy a £60m player and pay over 4 years your have just blown your budget for 4 years. Money is money no matter how you decide to split it up. The_one was making out like spreading that payment over 5 years is some sort of genius bit of business.

Back
Top Bottom