World of Warcraft: Classic

Soldato
OP
I've always played Horde, never got past Lv20 or so on Alliance. I think this time round I'll go to alliance... If it's not filled with kids everywhere this time :D

Caporegime
Might hafta join you fellas :)

I've never DPS'd, always been a plate tank, whether it be warrior, dk or pally, so will warrior in classic, probably a dorf as Stoneform is amazeballs at times.

Will do mining / blacksmithing.

Alt will likely be a priest, I healed throughout ICC on a priest which was fun and let's be honest, a holy priest is ridiculous for raid healing.

I started towards the end of BC, my main time was LK, Cata was ok, I tanked dragon soul as a DK followed by a pally or warrior depending on my mood. Didn't ever raid hardcore though, I had a core group of about 8 members and it was usually 5 of us on at once to sherpa the rest of the guild through the raids. I was good friends with someone named Klax, also a DK tank. It got to the point where we could pretty much anticipate what the other was going to do, it was honestly like clockwork and I would love to get in touch with him again. Together we carried more crap / inexperienced healers and dps through dragon soul than any other combo, I'd put money on that.

I also ran the biggest guild across most of Europe at one point, with over 1000 member (the counter only went to 500 but a GM told me it was over a thousand), a rather successful raid guild with two dedicated 10 man teams and a third team for alts. I still have 4-5 max level guilds, but never play anymore.

Work and commitments changed in Pandaland so I never really experienced Warlords, Legion or BFA.

I tried to give it another go for a month or so recently, got a warrior to level 100 odd but it was a slog. No satisfaction, no competition, facerolling everything, everything far too accessible, there was just never a feeling of achievement and when I found out Classic is on its way I cancelled my sub to wait for that instead.

Anyway, enough about me, add me to your spreadsheet please, I'll dig out my battletag tomorrow or so :)

Soldato
Horde cities in vanilla sucked, Orgrimmar was just a mud hut in a huge space. At least with Ironforge you felt cosy :p

This is definitely one of the main reasons as to why I didn't fall in love with horde. The main cities just felt a bit messy and lifeless compared to alliance (which sounds daft considering how populated they were).

Think we better start getting some guild names put together!

How about we put some suggestions together and I can stick a poll up?

I've always played Horde, never got past Lv20 or so on Alliance. I think this time round I'll go to alliance... If it's not filled with kids everywhere this time :D

Add your name to the spreadsheet - here.

Anyway, enough about me, add me to your spreadsheet please, I'll dig out my battletag tomorrow or so :)

Yes Diddums mate! I've added you :)

Soldato
@Robi there's already an OcUK Battle.net community group going if it helps, think I might be admin actually. Invite link is here: https://blizzard.com/invite/X2K2zYCV54.

I'll add that I've got about 8-10 IRL mates who're gonna be playing (we all raided in Vanilla). Also going Alliance on a PvP server.

Is everyone joining this BN group? I clicked the link but it had expired.

Associate
Updated the spreadsheet with my details.

Will be looking at starting a Rogue & Priest for PVP, this is subject to change dependant on what classes we have in the guild. And a Hunter and Mage for PVE.

Not a raid type player, I like to go out and explore the lands.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well il be creating a horde character as well so we could have a guild on horde side too.

I'll basically go where the masses go.

I agree with you guys about the Horde cities; they are nowhere near as good.

Stormwind will always be my favourite city.

I've booked 3 days off in the second week of September. Partially because I don't want to spend my time off queuing or fighting with 100 other players for 1 mob but also because it's when I could line up time off with 2 other friends. The problem is one of them is away the first week in September so I'm going to have to level an alt with him to get him to speed which means it will probably be a while before I get to 60.

Soldato
If you aren't working from home and getting paid to play on launch day, you're doing it wrong :cool:

I considered this but then I have colleagues on my friends list, so it's not worth the risk :o

Wait, I thought it releases at 11PM our time on the 26th?

Soldato
This. Honestly, I don't even really like PVP but the possibility of getting ganked adds a whole new level to the game.

Never understood how you could be 'ganked'. You can choose to res away from where you died. If you can't fathom out how to a, run b, res somewhere else. Then the term ganked should possibly be substituted with stupid.

Soldato
Never understood how you could be 'ganked'. You can choose to res away from where you died. If you can't fathom out how to a, run b, res somewhere else. Then the term ganked should possibly be substituted with stupid.

Ganked can mean getting killed once by a higher level character (a . Depending on where you die you may be looking at a 10 min run back to your corpse. You should be able to avoid getting ganked again by spawning as far from your corpse as possible but that could mean then having to go to a completely different area to quest so it doesn't happen again which could take 30 mins to get to.

As I say, it's all part of the fun but it's not really a "non-issue".

Man of Honour
Its changed quite a bit over time, originally the term gank (gang killing) meant when multiple players killed a lone player but over the years its changed to pretty much mean almost anything from someone killing you while you are low on health, or when you are fighting a mob or when they are a higher level than you, irrespective of whether they are one in number or many.

Back
Top Bottom