The C8 Corvette now shown without camouflage - 'vette going mid-engined

Sgarrista
Commissario
So UK dealers are playing ball? Who did you speak with?

Ian Allan Motors

For real? Superb, not in the least bit jealous!

Are you looking to self-import?

No they will handle the import, though I am going to look at another option.

Deposit is 2.5k
Additional 7.5k is due when they can place the order which is expected in 12-15 months.
Delivery expected Q1 2021.

OTR price expected ~80k total give or take depending on your options and spec.

Last edited:
Sgarrista
Commissario
For those that didnt know, I sold my build slot on. Have been hearing some pretty terrible things that they have been having some issues with the engine and gearbox, will skip the version 1, let them iron out the bugs.

Soldato

Really wish these were as affordable over here, had some fun with the configurator and a very nicely spec'd car is still under 90k USD. Going to be very interesting if/when/how they arrive here.

Caporegime
Looks like the arms were set on bodywork rather than the chassis rails. What a mistake to make. That’ll cost five figures to fix easily.

Caporegime
Shame about the price in the UK - £80k. Still great value in the US though.

I think the UK versions are the higher spec ones and not the base model. More serious question who is going to service these? GM must have close to zero dealerships after the sale of Vauxhall, hanging out to dry of Saab and i don't think they even sell Chevrolet in the UK anymore?

Soldato
pOzMMvR.jpg

Ouch. Guess they have unusual jacking points, I always remind any garage "the engine not in the front so put the short arms the right way round!".

This always worries me when I have to take my Lotus to a tyre fitter etc. I watch them jack it and a couple of times I've had to stop them :/

Soldato
I think the UK versions are the higher spec ones and not the base model. More serious question who is going to service these? GM must have close to zero dealerships after the sale of Vauxhall, hanging out to dry of Saab and i don't think they even sell Chevrolet in the UK anymore?
yeah they are, the uk version basically comes top spec only.

I still dont think it's a bad price, what does £80k get you these days? supra, lotus? low end 911?

Soldato

Ah, that makes sense. They’re still a good deal for the money, as @grudas says, but not quite the same bargain as the US.

Vauxhall maybe for servicing, they have hundreds of dealers. They aren’t a GM company though. Not sure who else would do it.

Back
Top Bottom