The Daily Mail

Soldato
Let's not make this about Brexit. There's enough places for remainers to back-slap each other already.

Don't go into SC then, all they do is give each other reach arounds from sunrise to sunset, i wonder how they don't die of boredom repeating the same stock phrases day in and out. The sub-form is a bad joke now

Permabanned
I read (historically, until Dacre left) the Daily Mail, in paper format, until it became recently much more liberal, "Magnolia" gets his kicks from publishing his homosexual fantasies around the Supermarket checkout, each to their own.... Not a problem, in the grand scale of life. Although I suspect my "pub's" more concrete than "Magnolia's" homosexual fantasies. And we are are as far apart, geographically and politically, as one could be so even less reason for anything beyond polite disagreement! Common ground is highly unlikely. He has got Mrs. Ardern's "Neve Te Aroha Ardern Gayford" I have the orthodoxly English Mr. Rees-Mogg's similarly unusually named progeny . Again, not a problem. Unless you go looking for one...

Soldato
At the end of the day they're one of the most popular newspapers (along with the sun) and news websites in the country. They play to their market, which is substantial. And lol @ people going "they try to influence peoples opinions on politics", every single newspaper does this.

This place is just full of the classic hipster scenario which is usually the second most popular option, to mock people who like the most popular option and act superior to them. It's akin to "Yeah, their new stuff is ok, but their first album was so much better, oh you haven't heard their first album?". "Lol apple sheep, android master race". etc etc.

Just reeks of snobbery. We get it, you don't like the daily mail and you think the people who read it are plebs. So let them get on with it and continue reading whatever newspaper you want to read as long as it makes you feel better about yourself.

Caporegime
At the end of the day they're one of the most popular newspapers (along with the sun) and news websites in the country. They play to their market, which is substantial. And lol @ people going "they try to influence peoples opinions on politics", every single newspaper does this.

This place is just full of the classic hipster scenario which is usually the second most popular option, to mock people who like the most popular option and act superior to them. It's akin to "Yeah, their new stuff is ok, but their first album was so much better, oh you haven't heard their first album?". "Lol apple sheep, android master race". etc etc.

Just reeks of snobbery. We get it, you don't like the daily mail and you think the people who read it are plebs. So let them get on with it and continue reading whatever newspaper you want to read as long as it makes you feel better about yourself.

If it was popular to throw yourself off a bridge, it would be "wrong" to mock them for doing so?

There's nothing about snobbery here, it's a paper run by the establishment to keep you docile and hating someone other than them, and it's certainly doesn't make anyone feel better when it is part of the reason this country is so ******* corrupt, selfish, destructive and hilariously sycophantic to the wrong people.

It's well past humour and pity, you can't defend the side of lies, discrimination, inequality unless you actively hate having a rational, just and objective country. It isn't just about newspapers, these are fronts for disinformation and anal effuse, similar to the outrage merchants on twitter/youtube, and absolutely deserve derision for it's vile, exaggerated portrayal of society.

It must be compared to the likes of Reuter and AP, who are completely neutral sources of information, the daily mail is propaganda in comparison. The Leveson inquiry needs to be acted upon so some sense of rationality can take over from the putrid ***** emanating from fleet street or it's splinters.

Newspapers/publishers/websites need to be forced to retract false statements, and must be forced to apologise for misinforming the public with a full front page warning, anything less is an abdication of duty to keep people informed in a manner that does the least damage to social cohesion and economic stability.

Sick of this destructive culture that pits people against themselves because someone living in luxury want's to have a laugh.

Last edited:
Soldato
If it was popular to throw yourself off a bridge, it would be "wrong" to mock them for doing so?

Yeah because comparing reading a newspaper that you dislike is wholly and commensurately comparable to throwing yourself off a bridge.

It's funny, with the amount of hyperbole you're throwing out you could write for the daily mail.

And your post is full of conspiracy theory crap. You are hilarious.

Soldato
I can't see any "conspiracy theory crap" in StriderX's post
"it's a paper run by the establishment to keep you docile and hating someone other than them"

Unknown vague enemy - check
With insidious subliminal motives - check
With absolutely no evidence - check.

Conspiracy theory.

Caporegime
I read (historically, until Dacre left) the Daily Mail, in paper format, until it became recently much more liberal, "Magnolia" gets his kicks from publishing his homosexual fantasies around the Supermarket checkout, each to their own.... Not a problem, in the grand scale of life. Although I suspect my "pub's" more concrete than "Magnolia's" homosexual fantasies. And we are are as far apart, geographically and politically, as one could be so even less reason for anything beyond polite disagreement! Common ground is highly unlikely. He has got Mrs. Ardern's "Neve Te Aroha Ardern Gayford" I have the orthodoxly English Mr. Rees-Mogg's similarly unusually named progeny . Again, not a problem. Unless you go looking for one...

This post was brought to you by John Smith’s.

Your wording is interesting. The way you word things tells us you’re homophobic too, which I guess is just another badge of honour in your imaginary pub of every social phobia under the sun.

Do you live in Shropshire or Sandford?

Caporegime
"it's a paper run by the establishment to keep you docile and hating someone other than them"

Unknown vague enemy - check
With insidious subliminal motives - check
With absolutely no evidence - check.

Conspiracy theory.

In what manner is the establishment unknown or vague? They're surely an enemy of anyone beneath them as they seek to keep their hold on the benefits of their little stranglehold on power in this country, surely you can see the benefits of keeping the public from doing a french revolution on them?

Maybe you're one of those people who still think if they try hard enough that they can join the halls of wealth and that this is just a temporary lack of wealth?

Soldato
In what manner is the establishment unknown or vague? They're surely an enemy of anyone beneath them as they seek to keep their hold on the benefits of their little stranglehold on power in this country, surely you can see the benefits of keeping the public from doing a french revolution on them?

Maybe you're one of those people who still think if they try hard enough that they can join the halls of wealth and that this is just a temporary lack of wealth?
Who is the establishment. Who are the people who sit down in the board room of the daily mail and say "We're going to produce this newspaper, we're going to pretend that it's informative and entertaining and instead subliminally make the readership docile and hating people other than us. So that we can keep all the money to ourselves".

Please show me some evidence of the above happening. Thanks.

I don't aspire to the 'halls of wealth' I aspire to earning enough for a home and enough to provide for a family. I'm nearly there. And I think for most people in this country it is possible if they 'try hard enough'.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Shropshire is a pit of despair

A sweeping generalisation of England's largest inland county, although if you are a Labour supporter I can see where your despair may emanate from ;)

I would suggest, for the sake of your blood pressure, you do not investigate my MP, Owen Paterson's voting record, it's unlikely to adhere to what you would want to see ;) The ex Northern Ireland Secretary could not be a more appropriate gentleman for my beliefs!

The county has five parliamentary constituencies, four of which returned Conservative MPs at the 2005 general election and one, Telford, returned a Labour MP. This is a marked change from the 2001 general election result, where the county returned only one Conservative, three Labour and a Liberal Democrat MP to the House of Commons (see maps to the right) (Labour = Red, Conservatives = Blue and Liberal Democrats = Orange).

The current MPs of Shropshire are:

Caporegime
Prejudicing a whole area based off of a person on the internet who may (or may not) be from that area.

Are you sure you don't read the daily mail?

Par for the course then in GD, where whole threads get created on single data points, so people can gloat about how nasty certain groups of people are or exaggerating an area's problems elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom