• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASROCK X570 TAICHI - THE RYZEN 3000 MOTHERBOARD GIBBO & 8 PACK RECOMMENDS

Associate
Performance wise, I've noticed no difference but it looks like the bios also fixed the RDRAND issue that was stopping linux from booting (my Xubuntu VM works again) and in the On-board devices menu, you can now enable sata hotplug on a per-port basis.

Associate
With 1.70A the chipset fan speed settings in BIOS don't seem to work properly. Lowest setting it allows now is 30% (1.6 allowed me to completely turn it off), but it doesn't work, fan still keeps running at over 5000rpm. Silent is the best I can do (~3000rpm at idle), but I can still hear that so I am going back to 1.6.

Soldato
With 1.70A the chipset fan speed settings in BIOS don't seem to work properly. Lowest setting it allows now is 30% (1.6 allowed me to completely turn it off), but it doesn't work, fan still keeps running at over 5000rpm. Silent is the best I can do (~3000rpm at idle), but I can still hear that so I am going back to 1.6.
Lol. FFS. You would think with weeks between releases they would have time to.... You know.... Maybe test it?

Soldato
IM getting some weird buzing noice while in games or from this board anyone know what is the issue.

( well this board doing my nut in evrything works fine when i join the game i hear buzzing sounds from headphones i tried loads stuff still does it )

Last edited:
Soldato
How's the bios in general on the board compared to Asus etc? I've never had an Asrock one and am considering this.

Pretty solid both 1.6 and 1.7A used up to know.
Asus had bad experience with the CH6. The first one burned the 1800X and the second (6 months later) was iffy at best so send it to my brother.
In addition Asus had some crap BIOS for Ryzen 3000 up to now. Either overvolting the CPU resulting to low clocks, or other issues especially with Nvidia cards using PCIe 4.0 ports.

Nothing like that with the Taichi and the 5700XT.

Also my last Asrock board was the mighty Z170 Formula OC 3 years ago and only good words had to say about that board. (the one used to power 8700K & 9900K on Z170).
True Taichi is not the "top of the range" (that goes to Aqua), and is "cheaply" made, but is good solid one.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'm having serious issues with chipset temps. Changed my 1080 cooling to a Morpheus which has dropped my temps massively on my GPU and silenced my system beautifully.....until my chipset hits 75 degrees and the little fan is whining away. By far the loudest part of my system, agh!

Soldato
I'm having serious issues with chipset temps. Changed my 1080 cooling to a Morpheus which has dropped my temps massively on my GPU and silenced my system beautifully.....until my chipset hits 75 degrees and the little fan is whining away. By far the loudest part of my system, agh!

Have you considered to put a piece of paper to the side of the Morpheus to cover the hot air going directly to the SB?

Back
Top Bottom