• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
I'll have another go tomorrow then. The instructions are in the zip archive you download?

Zeed is correct you need to import the exported timmings for your RAM then calculate or you will get some crazy low timings that won't boot. Use Thaiphoon Burner to export timmings:

http://www.softnology.biz/

I've managed to get 3800MHz (IF 1900MHZ) 16-16-16-16-36-48-304 1T so far @1.4v with 8-Pack RAM - 65ns latencey :cool:

As already mentioned by other members use Karhu RAM Test for stability.

Soldato
Zeed is correct you need to import the exported timmings for your RAM then calculate or you will get some crazy low timings that won't boot. Use Thaiphoon Burner to export timmings:

I've managed to get 3800MHz (IF 1900MHZ) 16-16-16-16-36-48-304 1T so far @1.4v with 8-Pack RAM - 65ns latencey :cool:

Yeah I wish I'd have read the notes in more detail to realise this. My DRAM chip quality is 82% and expected overclock 3255 CL14, how rubbish. Definitely gives different timings when I import readings from Thaiphoon compared to stock, so worth trying those I guess.

Even if it won't run with tight timings, running faster DRAM and IF locked together might still perform better than 3200 CL14. Buildzoid's latest videos show lower latency @ 3200 CL14 if you run IF at 1900 MHz rather than 1600 MHz though, which is interesting. The extra 300 MHz clearly helps latency more than keeping a 1:1 ratio.

Soldato
For testing ram itself yes. BUT hci can detect IF and IMC instability aka instant reboot no emmory error no nothing pc just reboots. Tahts when You need to add 1-2 ticks of SoC from my XP it will happen in 150-300% range if it suppose to happen at all. Over longer time IMC warms up and resistances of pcb edt change and that ***** up stability and you get reboot not even bsod. And thats what we noticed with Zen+ and Zen2 also on OCN.
But I do use ramtest dunno since it came out purely for testing memory stability.

Generally recommend this tool
https://www.thewindowsclub.com/ultimate-windows-tweaker-4-windows-10
got some great options
CREATE RESTORE POINT just in case You **** it up and format C time :D

I still have no faith in this stress test. My ram passed 400% stability but then was still unstable in games. If it was IMC that needed a tweak then surely HCI would have found this out as well.

In fact I have no faith in any stress test other than a real life workload.

Soldato

Thing is Smack my ram seems to work at similar timings 3733MHz - 16 16 16 16 36 - 1.4v. It boots and I can play games. It's just 100% stability I don't know yet. As above it could pass 400% in HCI but still not be stable.

(Previously I was at 3600MHz 16 16 16 16 36 1.35v and it seemed good for about 5hrs until it started freezing. This also passed 400% HCI)

---

For your 3800MHz did you enter in all the sub timings etc...?

Last edited:
Soldato
Hate to be a gloaty git (Oh no i don't! :D )... don't post often anymore these days... but just ordered this morn:
3900x
MSi B450 Tomahawk Max

To go with F4-3600C19D-32GVRB (2x16 ripjaws v) i got a few weeks ago.... when it was cheap

... and a 1080ti i got some months ago (my first gpu better than an NV 60 series in 20 years of building)

feelsgoodman

Soldato
Hate to be a gloaty git (Oh no i don't! :D )... don't post often anymore these days... but just ordered this morn:
3900x
MSi B450 Tomahawk Max

To go with F4-3600C19D-32GVRB (2x16 ripjaws v) i got a few weeks ago.... when it was cheap

... and a 1080ti i got some months ago (my first gpu better than an NV 60 series in 20 years of building)

feelsgoodman
Hope you get it in 2019!

Man of Honour
You're both mean.
not the first to be telling me that :p

well I wont be using this ****** forum again - what a waste of time
I wasn't expecting you to know what it was its more the power of it,i was unsure it it was powerful enough,hopefully your not a #### in real life and its just on here

could probably find a few more if i tried harder....lol

At least you lot got a laugh even though it was at my expense :mad:
we <3 you really ;)

Soldato
"I wasn't expecting you to know what it was its more the power of it,i was unsure it it was powerful enough,hopefully your not a #### in real life and its just on here"

That moment when you visualise mountains and mountains of salt pouring straight out of their eyes

:D

EDIT: You're*
:D

Back
Top Bottom