• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
I've imported my setting from Thaiphoon into the new DRAM calc, but it puts the profile as "Debug" and it doesn't allow you to hit the "fast" preset only "safe" in this mode. Do I need to change the profile to V1/2 once i've imported?

In the advanced under memory quality it says 81% 3214Mhz CL14, but the "safe" preset only shows CL16.

You need to update to latest version of the calculater and then use 'Normal' preset, let us know how you get on. I think my 8-Pack RAM was 89% qaulity but would need to check, I've settled for 3800MHz C16-16-16-16-36 1T 1.4V 65ns seems pretty decent although would have liked to hit C14 which unfortunatley wont boot.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
You need to update to latest version of the calculater and then use 'Normal' preset, let us know how you get on. I think my 8-Pack RAM was 89% qaulity but would need to check, I've settled for 3800MHz C16-16-16-16-36 1T 1.4V 65ns seems pretty decent although would have liked to hit C14 which unfortunatley wont boot.

Cheers! I was on the 1.6.0 version, wasn't aware there was an update for it already! At least now it lets me choose between safe/fast after importing.

By "normal" preset, do you mean "safe"?

I'll have a go with the safe 3600Mhz setting and see how I get on.

Caporegime
I have 2 radiators and 6 fans and I still hit 78.c under load, silly hot these chips

I think it's simply the heat is so concentrated we're seeing the thermal interface become a greater issue than ever before.

You can bolt some serious watercooling on but getting that heat away from the tiny chiplet quickly enough is the issue. I haven't seen any direct die cooling results yet but I suspect we'd see big improvements.

Last edited:
Soldato
Cheers! I was on the 1.6.0 version, wasn't aware there was an update for it already! At least now it lets me choose between safe/fast after importing.

Good question. As it's safe or fast, and I always go for fast. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Associate
It was a reply to his earlier question which I guess I answered. :)
Yes I know, I was following the conversation.
The question was whether better cooling helps to achieve higher boost, and obvioulsy you were hitting the max boost your cpu allows, so it was a positive result.

Soldato
OcUK's Ryzen pricing is shameful, by far the most expensive by as far as 25% on some of the 3rd gen chips. They used to be the go to but I rarely use them now :(
They do love a price gouge lol and are often the most expensive. But yeah, just buy elsewhere. I used to get all of my stuff there but now it's more like 20%.

I just can't be dealing with the hyper-aggressive supply and demand insta-price gouging. I'm sure it makes sense on an accounting excel sheet but reality is much more complicated and multi-fasitated than that. Customers resent being used as cash cows and have long memory's. (9900k cough cough).

Associate

No 'Normal' replaces the 'Debug' preset name and is what you should be using after importing timings, then select either safe or fast.

• Improved timing calculation when using the Manual profile (as it used to be called Debug). Due to numerous requests, the algorithm is partially used from version 1.0.0 beta 3 + significant improvements.

Soldato
Would be i be right in assuming (it'll probably help a few more too) the easy (only?) way to do memory tuning well with the dram calculator is:

1) load up thaiphoon burner, read your sticks.
2) export from burner
3) import into dram calc
4) hit safe or fast
5) go plug the values in, in bios (or for testing, perhaps ryzen master?). Safe is safe, fast is fast but maybe not stable.

Ree

Ree

Associate
They do love a price gouge lol and are often the most expensive. But yeah, just buy elsewhere. I used to get all of my stuff there but now it's more like 20%.

I just can't be dealing with the hyper-aggressive supply and demand insta-price gouging. I'm sure it makes sense on an accounting excel sheet but reality is much more complicated and multi-fasitated than that. Customers resent being used as cash cows and have long memory's. (9900k cough cough).

its like catalogue prices they charge except they're looking for cash instead of tick. i very rarely use ocuk too because of this and the dumb delivery charges on top of that. real shame as i do like the forums and would love to give them my business but am not getting bumped to line pockets.

Soldato
No 'Normal' replaces the 'Debug' preset name and is what you should be using after importing timings, then select either safe or fast.

• Improved timing calculation when using the Manual profile (as it used to be called Debug). Due to numerous requests, the algorithm is partially used from version 1.0.0 beta 3 + significant improvements.
Not sure what you mean, "fast" doesn't work if you manually import timing info from Thaiphoon.

Back
Top Bottom