The all new, all fresh Random Image Thread

Caporegime
I lived fairly close to that, I don't think many buildings can claim to have such a storied history. When built it was like the Shard, an engineering marvel for the wealthy. Today it's like a prison in a Dredd film.

I remember seeing a documentary which featured it and how it has been improved recently/turned around... like at one point there were a couple of floors turned into a brothel and rubbish in the centre piled up 5 stories high. I guess perhaps still not as "luxury" as it was in its heyday but the enhanced security/entry control now means people can live there safely again without portions of it being hijacked by gangs.

I guess I'd best add an image now - here is an early one of Diddums in SA during the 80s :D

JRjCwLa.jpg

Soldato
I remember seeing a documentary which featured it and how it has been improved recently/turned around... like at one point there were a couple of floors turned into a brothel and rubbish in the centre piled up 5 stories high. I guess perhaps still not as "luxury" as it was in its heyday but the enhanced security/entry control now means people can live there safely again without portions of it being hijacked by gangs.

I guess I'd best add an image now - here is an early one of Diddums in SA during the 80s :D

JRjCwLa.jpg

Became
JMMrzDN.jpg

Back
Top Bottom