Brand new build £1-£1.1k

Soldato
I have a monitor (1440p) keyboard/mouse but I need everything else.

I’m pretty set on going for AMD due to their new Ryzen CPUs, either the 3600x or ideally the 3700x for future proof. Again I would like to try get in a 570 motherboard for future proof.

GPU wise I was originally looking at the 2070Super but I’ve seen the 5700XT is only slightly worse at a saving over £150. I’m happy to buy all the parts apart from the GPU and wait until mid August to see what the AIB boards bring.

I’m not interested in a fancy case with flashy lights. The plain cooler master master box cases look fine to me!

Any suggestions?

Edit: I forgot to say this will be used mostly with an Oculus for SIM racing, it will be an upgrade from a laptop 1070/6700hq

Soldato
Here you go. I'd recommend the MSI max board as it's Ryzen 2 compatible out of the box and saves a lot over the cheapest x570 boards, only issue is it's out of stock at the moment.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,067.06 (includes shipping: £13.20)​

Soldato
OP
Is that just the max boards sold at OCUK or everywhere?

Would it be worth waiting for the 5700XT AIB boards? I’ve heard the current ones are noisy and run hot, what exactly is a ‘blower’ card?

Edit: blower cards expel the heat out the case and usually run hotter. Rather than open air and expelling the heat into the case to be dealt with by the case fans, and running cooler thus faster.

Last edited:
Associate
Would it be worth waiting for the 5700XT AIB boards?

I'd say so. I think they are due for release within the next week, although I don't know what availability will be like. They are expected to be a little bit more cost wise than the reference cards but I think will likely be worth the premium for the decrease in noise and temperature and should hopefully have a bit more headroom for overclocking.

Back
Top Bottom