What's up with Yorkshire?

Soldato
It is classed as Teeside, might be on the border but not to us Yorkshire folks.

Middlesbrough is part of the larger built-up area of Teesside which had an overall population of 376,333 at the 2011 Census

Caporegime
I am not saying it isn't, I'm saying if your from North Yorkshire we call it Teeside

That makes no sense, you're talking about different things... you don't call "it" Teeside if you're referring to "North Yorkshire" - North Yorkshire is a county, Teeside is a conurbation that straddles North Yorkshire and County Durham. Being in one doesn't negate being in the other.

For example saying York is in England doesn't negate that it is in Yorkshire.

But if you were to say York is in England and I were to say "we call it Yorkshire" then that would make no sense.

Caporegime
Just LOL if you don't hate Southerners/non-Northeners because of some misplaced belief that your supposed 'straight talking, simple is best, we're friendly' approach to anyone who isn't directly you or your family or from your Yorkshire ghetto and that despite, and even in defiance of, all evidence which shows that Northeners are statistically more likely to take offence at anything, even this post, so why not just look after your coal mines and your whippets and your tiny houses that look like Fisher Price toys, I mean really I've seen outdoor playhouses mounted in trees which are bigger than the domiciles Yorkshire people aspire to and it is just so terribly depressing.

Noobs.

Soldato
That makes no sense, you're talking about different things... you don't call "it" Teeside if you're referring to "North Yorkshire" - North Yorkshire is a county, Teeside is a conurbation that straddles North Yorkshire and County Durham. Being in one doesn't negate being in the other.

Pretty sure that Middlesbrough is just north of the official Yorkshire border.

Back
Top Bottom