*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
Portability was no interest to me when I got the Switch, even now my preferred style is docked, but with the right games you really appreciate handheld mode, so yeah I agree, don't underestimate the portability of the Switch as you never know when you may end up making use of it
This is how I feel but the other way around. I barely used it docked in the first two years but have enjoyed it a lot more in the last few months. It's why I just don't get the Switch lite, if it was dockable I'd actually be tempted to pick one up. As it is I have no interest despite spending 95% of my time in handheld mode.

PayDay Lover
Associate
This is how I feel but the other way around. I barely used it docked in the first two years but have enjoyed it a lot more in the last few months. It's why I just don't get the Switch lite, if it was dockable I'd actually be tempted to pick one up. As it is I have no interest despite spending 95% of my time in handheld mode.

Yeah, I cannot help but feel the revised Switch is the real winner over the Lite. A dockable Switch with more than enough battery juice seems the ideal purchase if I were primarily hand held. Only benefit of Lite would be smaller size I guess? But I would not be sticking it in my pocket, meaning I would have a case for it and as a result likely a small bag...at which point its no different than the normal Switch for me.

Associate
I'd recommend just replacing it yourself. A replacement stick will only set you back about £4 and it's not too difficult to do as long as you watch a video guide beforehand to know where the fragile ribbon cables sit. Nintendo UK is playing hardball even though their US branch admitted fault. The Sale of Goods act means nothing to them apparently though YMMV if you ring up and kick up a fuss. You can also pick up metal clips for a couple of quid for the Joycons to fix the clip in issue while you're at it.

I think I’ll kick up a fuss :) I quite like doing that from time to time.

One of their employees will give in surely.

I’ve never contacted Nintendo. I think I had Microsoft on speed dial during the rrod days. What’s the number??

Thanks again

Soldato
I think I’ll kick up a fuss :) I quite like doing that from time to time.

One of their employees will give in surely.

I’ve never contacted Nintendo. I think I had Microsoft on speed dial during the rrod days. What’s the number??

Thanks again

+44 (0)345 60 50 247 is the number on their service centre site. If your console is within the warranty period you shouldn't have any problems but if it is I hope you're ready to walk the walk :p. Good luck!

Soldato
went halfers with dad on zelda at christmas just after we both got switches, only started playing it properly the last 2 weeks and im smacking my self for not playing it sooner :)

really good game and so atmospheric, i can get lost and side tracked easily by just exploring and hitting things and im finding it a lot more in depth than i thought it would be.

bought fire emblem yesterday but i have not booted it up yet :)

Soldato
Best £300 spent in my opinion as a gamer, some people may think the handheld is useless to them but its fantastic being able to play Nintendo exclusive and third party games on the go OR at friends house racing on mario kart or super smash brothers without the need to lug around the docking station OR docked on TV.

Definitely recommend getting microSD card, screen protector and protective case if you're going to take it with you on the go.

Purchased a 128gb SanDisk micro disk on offer for £16. I'll get the screen protector later on as well.

Soldato
Excited for the end of the month, getting my switch.
So far I've bought a 128gb micro SD card and will get the orzly screen protector for it.

My first game will be Zelda breath of the wild. I like all games and I own a pc and PS4 what games are a must own?

Any tips for owning a switch, I heard it's region free so what will that allow me to do?

Soldato
Excited for the end of the month, getting my switch.
So far I've bought a 128gb micro SD card and will get the orzly screen protector for it.

My first game will be Zelda breath of the wild. I like all games and I own a pc and PS4 what games are a must own?

Any tips for owning a switch, I heard it's region free so what will that allow me to do?
Play games from any country.

Associate
Fire Emblem : Thre House..... my first Fire Emblem game and wow, being a big fan of Final Fantasy Tactics and Vandal Hearts this game is just amazing, ive just finished part 1 chapter 6 so not to far but i am loving it. The battles are superb.

Soldato
Could someone recommend a good power bank for the switch? Not too big and heavy but enough to give it at least one full charge which should get us through an upcoming ferry trip.

Last edited:
Associate
Just bought Super Smash Bros Ultimate for the bairn and we've both been enjoying it so far. Need to get signed up for a Nintendo account for sales / online play for we can do some 2v2 together.

Any tips for play, best way to unlock characters etc?

Back
Top Bottom