Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Soldato
Yea, be strong. It'll happen... or you can do as RobTi did if that's an option.

They will always call you before they terminate your contract and try one last time to sign you up to a new contract.

Yup they phoned up a few times infact and offered me a better deal, going through with the cancellation is worth doing if they give you the run around.

Last edited:
Soldato
Planning on cancelling the TV as I only have the basic package anyway, and with my new TV I can use freeview to get pretty much the same channels. I also currently have the 100mb service from Virgin and im wondering if with the money i save from cancelling TV, that I can upgrade to the 200mb internet?

There will only be a slim difference. You are worth more to them as a "bundle" customer so chances are if you really press them you'll get 200/20 and keep the TV. They'll break a leg to keep you on the TV with them.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

There will only be a slim difference. You are worth more to them as a "bundle" customer so chances are if you really press them you'll get 200/20 and keep the TV. They'll break a leg to keep you on the TV with them.

I suppose its worth a haggle! Only problem is that the TV box we have at the moment is really old and is unbearably slow to load anything.

Really strange how each person who works there is pretty much willing to offer different things though, its almost like a hit and miss and no one person will get the same result

Soldato
I suppose its worth a haggle! Only problem is that the TV box we have at the moment is really old and is unbearably slow to load anything.
Really strange how each person who works there is pretty much willing to offer different things though, its almost like a hit and miss and no one person will get the same result

Tell them if you are staying then you WILL be having a shiny new Tivo box then. Make it part of your haggle. May as well get as much as you can as you'll be tied in for 12 months.

The agents will likely have varying targets so some will be happier to have a "bite" taken out of their bonus than others. Just push ridiculously hard and back off to a point you'd feel comfortable, don't tell them what you want as they'll undoubtedly push it a little in their favour.

Soldato
Well if I get freeview working on my GT50 later this evening, I'll be calling to ask to be moved to just broadband, cancel the TV and phone. I'll see what they say to that as I'm sure they'd prefer me to stay on a bundle.

EDIT: Am I correct in saying all you need to watch freeview on a smart TV is the internet? I'm reading a lot that it needs to be connected to an aerial, but as I'm a new build with just Virgin plumbed in, I wont be able to do that.

Soldato
I've had my price rise letter, so I'm cancelling at the end of August. Openreach has recently finished installing FTTP infrastructure in my area so I'll be going with them. I'm beyond tired of the issues I have with Virgin's Super Hub 3. I'm constantly getting issues in games that align with the puma 6 latency issue (shooting at players but zero damage is one of the most noticeable ones) so I'm done with Virgin.

Soldato
I've had my price rise letter, so I'm cancelling at the end of August. Openreach has recently finished installing FTTP infrastructure in my area so I'll be going with them. I'm beyond tired of the issues I have with Virgin's Super Hub 3. I'm constantly getting issues in games that align with the puma 6 latency issue (shooting at players but zero damage is one of the most noticeable ones) so I'm done with Virgin.

Yep mine is going up too, Haven't even been with them 6 months as a new customer so I shall be cancelling I think, I don't mind price hikes after 12 months but within 6 months they can jog on.

£45.50 they want for just 100mb broadband meh.

"From 1st October your price will be going up by £4.50 a month."

RJC

RJC

Don
Go mine letter on Saturday, I am due to finish my current offer in September.

I will cancel and see what they can offer, you can also get £100 odd back through Top cash back.

Soldato
I called in and was offered higher than the "new customer" deal to continue.

That was including "discounts" which will fall off mid contract and taking into account the "new customer" deal has a sign up fee.

What.

Soldato
Best deal I have been offer was £35.50 for 350mb £0.50 more then what i'm paying now or if i was to downgrade to 200mb £34 so I requested a cancellation.

Soldato
Anybody else lost their internet connection? Area 12...it’s been down for about 30 mins. Status showing as no problems.

EDIT - I'm back online...no idea what happened there!

Last edited:
Soldato
It's like this every year and I hate it.

You don't get a known price, you get luck of the customer service draw + how pushy you are and then you end up with a price on your new contract for the next year...

I'm seeing numbers going past which are obviously much better than what I'm on or I was offered.

I'm going to roll the dice again and call at a different hour.

Back
Top Bottom