• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ryzen 5 3600 Discussion Thread

Caporegime
dunno about temps, but after this screen installed gadgets for win10 :D

:D

8GadgetPack

The App launcher is xwdock2.03, its very old and no longer avalable, similar aplications are if you look for them, i kept that one for about 10 years now because it's simple and lite, the only thing with it is on windows 10 Text Input Application and MS Edge background services interfere with it causing it to drop behind the task bar, i just disabled them in Regedit, they are bloatware anyway, and i close it before launching games as it can make them stutter with it running.

Caporegime
Associate
4.5 Year old Kraken X31.

43c during gaming, 46 to 48c stress testing, 60% fan curve.

DvVrK0t.jpg.png

Damn I have an X62 Kraken and 3600X, my temps aren't high but I'm fairly certain they aren't that low either. I have the X62 fans on intake, at the front.

Did you use different thermal paste? I just slapped the X62 straight onto the CPU with the pre applied paste.

NZXT CAM is horrible software, i don't use it, i've plugged my KRAKEN pump straight into a 12v Molex to 4 pin PWM adapter, if your Motherboard has a dedicated Pump PWM socket you can also use that.

Yeah my 3pin case fans are plugged into the mobo slots, but they are actually 4pin slots. I have the Kraken connected to CPUFAN1 but I'm only using the cables provided by them, just followed what it said on the instructions haha.

Added: I use the Ryzen high performance mode, at idle it spends a lot of time around 1.45v, this is completely normal, during gaming this is also normal, if the CPU is encoding or rendering or anything that stresses the CPU to max then and only then should be running at no more than around 1.35v

Ah ok cool, I tend to just leave mine in Ryzen performance mode as well.

I'll check my temps again tomorrow I'm interested now where mine are at compared with yours, I'm fairly certain mine are higher.

Caporegime
Arctic MX-4.

The pump is PWM, if you don't have it set to run at 100% all the time the pump will run at lower speed and wont be as effective at cooling, look out for that. Check the BIOS or MB fan curve software.

Caporegime
Also don't forget the 3600X is a 95 Watt CPU, vs 65 Watt 3600, i think the extra power allows the 3600x to clock higher out of the box, mine seems to be locked to 4.2Ghz, or 3.95Ghz under high stress.

Associate
Soldato
Also don't forget the 3600X is a 95 Watt CPU, vs 65 Watt 3600, i think the extra power allows the 3600x to clock higher out of the box, mine seems to be locked to 4.2Ghz, or 3.95Ghz under high stress.

Gamers nexus viseo on the 3600 vs 3600x came to a different conclusion, ie not much difference if you are manually overclocking.

Will try find the video link.

Soldato
From what i've read, the only reason they are different TDP is due to the coolers that come with them. The stealth is rated for 65 watt and the Spire 95 watt. The 3600x is basically just a binned 3600.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

The 3600 seems a great chip, as does the 3700x but unfortunately the 3600x and the 3800x seem almost a bit pointless? Not sure why AMD even bothered with those chips if im being honest

Associate
Got my 3600 coming tomorrow with a new white P600s case.

One question I have is, is anyone running a Ryzen 2 on a CH6?. Updated to the latest Bios and I know the board is over engineered but I cant help feel I am going to run into problems!.

Associate
That was my first choice until I noticed the corners of the CPU wasn't covered by the heatsink, kind put me off...are you using that cooler on a am4 CPU?

I have it on my Rysen 5 3600 and mobo MSI Tomahawk B450 MAX with zero plans to overclock and was looking for something that did the job of cooling, while not being loud (you know what i mean) and then there's the cost, so overall it's what I wanted.

Good review, so have a look: https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/9055/arctic-freezer-34-esports-duo-cpu-cooler-review/index7.html

Last edited:
Associate
Good to know was bit worried about heat sink size what temps are you getting while gaming?

I just got it up, so have not played any games as yet (I'm still working), so later on I'll give it a good working over. But from all the other comments (from this forum and others) it's a win win..

Last edited:
Associate

Ah yeah I just had another look under load I'm looking at 44.2C right now with the pump on 100%.

Don't know if my voltages are correct though...currently this - (everything at default running rise of the tomb raider)

https://ibb.co/tbGxkzM
voltagecpu.png

Caporegime
Ah yeah I just had another look under load I'm looking at 44.2C right now with the pump on 100%.

Don't know if my voltages are correct though...currently this - (everything at default running rise of the tomb raider)

https://ibb.co/tbGxkzM
voltagecpu.png

nice temps.

Those volts look about right for it not being under high stress, once you have all threads running at 100% you should not be seeing more than around 1.35v.

Back
Top Bottom