Type R and VTEC owners

Permabanned
https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/honda/integra/honda-integra-type-r/9877582

Just put my DC5 up for sale after 4 years. It's been a brilliant car and hasn't caused me any issues but recently have been feeling the need for a change.

The Mrs and I bought a stealth grey focus ST earlier in the year that does most of the daily duties along with her old Corsa. Plan is to get another year out the Corsa and replace it with a newer fiesta as a cheap runabout. In a few years time I'll trade the ST in against a FK9 once prices come down a bit.

Selling the DC5 will give me a good wad of cash to begin saving for something else. I'm really tempted by a Nismo 370z, I absolutely love the looks and while it lacks the handling compared to some rivals I love the almost jap muscle car thing it's got going on. Other option is a decently tuned GT86 or perhaps another S2000. Leftfield choice is a flat 6 3.4 manual Boxster. Like to think that most decent N/A engined/manual cars are going to hold value quite well.

Whatever I get I intend on keeping it a very long time and will not be a daily.

Emmm as someone that downgraded from DC2 to 350z all I can say... Get gt86. Weight of those Zsss is fun killer.

After spending few grand on mods i consider it DESCENT

Should have had camera bit higher :p
Just to put it how it actually is. I could not get the EK9 I did overatake it BUT on last laps brakes started to die due to weight and EK got me back.
OFC 370z is better got rev matching bit more torque and hp ect.
I think You should have a proper HARD drive in 370z and GT86. I know for ME Gt86 would be better. But as You went for Looks :p

Last edited:
Soldato
https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/honda/integra/honda-integra-type-r/9877582

Just put my DC5 up for sale after 4 years. It's been a brilliant car and hasn't caused me any issues but recently have been feeling the need for a change.

The Mrs and I bought a stealth grey focus ST earlier in the year that does most of the daily duties along with her old Corsa. Plan is to get another year out the Corsa and replace it with a newer fiesta as a cheap runabout. In a few years time I'll trade the ST in against a FK9 once prices come down a bit.

Selling the DC5 will give me a good wad of cash to begin saving for something else. I'm really tempted by a Nismo 370z, I absolutely love the looks and while it lacks the handling compared to some rivals I love the almost jap muscle car thing it's got going on. Other option is a decently tuned GT86 or perhaps another S2000. Leftfield choice is a flat 6 3.4 manual Boxster. Like to think that most decent N/A engined/manual cars are going to hold value quite well.

Whatever I get I intend on keeping it a very long time and will not be a daily.

I love my 370z to pieces.... as a daily. I wouldn't bother with the Nismo either may as well save your money get the GT spec spend a bit of money on it and leave the nismo for dead. Its a great car I just think its a bit too heavy for a fun car, I may change my mind once I get coilovers though.

If i was in your shoes I would be going back to an S2000 not much better on a nice morning with the roof down on some twisties

or have my 370z and ill have your DC5 as its on my list to own! :D

Associate
I love my 370z to pieces.... as a daily. I wouldn't bother with the Nismo either may as well save your money get the GT spec spend a bit of money on it and leave the nismo for dead. Its a great car I just think its a bit too heavy for a fun car, I may change my mind once I get coilovers though.

If i was in your shoes I would be going back to an S2000 not much better on a nice morning with the roof down on some twisties

or have my 370z and ill have your DC5 as its on my list to own! :D

I just love the looks of the Nismo and those seats. The S2000 is a tough one, prices have gone up so much I'd be looking at paying around 12k for a good example, I bought my 04 GT for £8400 6 years ago. It would be an ideal weekend car though.

Ironically after having considerd one as an option pistonheads just released an used buyers guide for the 987 Boxster.

I've got much deliberating to do!

Associate
I just love the looks of the Nismo and those seats. The S2000 is a tough one, prices have gone up so much I'd be looking at paying around 12k for a good example, I bought my 04 GT for £8400 6 years ago. It would be an ideal weekend car though.

Ironically after having considerd one as an option pistonheads just released an used buyers guide for the 987 Boxster.

I've got much deliberating to do!

The seat material quality on the 370Z nismo is awful, not sure if they used cheaper leather or something..... but mine were wearing out very fast with in 5k miles

Back
Top Bottom