• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASROCK X570 TAICHI - THE RYZEN 3000 MOTHERBOARD GIBBO & 8 PACK RECOMMENDS

Soldato
Am i right in thinking that by default XFR / PB2 etc are on by default now on the x570 Taichi? i have checked everywhere in the BIOS and there are no settings for any Precision Boost other than PBO, which quite frankly seems to do bugger all except about 0.25mhz and make the chip about 8c hotter lol...

On my old CH6 im pretty sure there was options for PB1, PB2 and XFR, but im guessing on the x570 Taichi its just all standard so they dont actually have settings for it?

Associate
Am i right in thinking that by default XFR / PB2 etc are on by default now on the x570 Taichi? i have checked everywhere in the BIOS and there are no settings for any Precision Boost other than PBO, which quite frankly seems to do bugger all except about 0.25mhz and make the chip about 8c hotter lol...

On my old CH6 im pretty sure there was options for PB1, PB2 and XFR, but im guessing on the x570 Taichi its just all standard so they dont actually have settings for it?
You may be right, Ive only seen one PBO option in the BIOS and I have spend a lot of time on it lol

Soldato
You may be right, Ive only seen one PBO option in the BIOS and I have spend a lot of time on it lol

Do you actually use PBO? ive got it set to Advanced at the moment with 200mhz, not set anything else other than that, and it seems to make zero difference to the chips actual performance, maybe a small 0.25mhz here or there, definitely not 200mhz. Im going to turn it off i think, i am still hoping that in a few months a combination of motherboard bios updates and Agesa updates till harness even more performance from the chips.

Seems they can be very streaky on performance, i can run CPU-Z and get 551 one run and then 544 the next, same with Cinebench, i can run it 5 times in a row, with each run being quite a bit higher or lower than the next or sometimes exactly the same lol, performance while very very good does not always seem to be identical in the same applications.

Normally for testing i will disable everthing thats auto start and close any other applications down etc, no monitor software or whatnot, so the PC should be in a fairly kinda barebones state then i test.

Associate
Do you actually use PBO? ive got it set to Advanced at the moment with 200mhz, not set anything else other than that, and it seems to make zero difference to the chips actual performance, maybe a small 0.25mhz here or there, definitely not 200mhz. Im going to turn it off i think, i am still hoping that in a few months a combination of motherboard bios updates and Agesa updates till harness even more performance from the chips.

Seems they can be very streaky on performance, i can run CPU-Z and get 551 one run and then 544 the next, same with Cinebench, i can run it 5 times in a row, with each run being quite a bit higher or lower than the next or sometimes exactly the same lol, performance while very very good does not always seem to be identical in the same applications.

Normally for testing i will disable everthing thats auto start and close any other applications down etc, no monitor software or whatnot, so the PC should be in a fairly kinda barebones state then i test.
No, I have it turned off. My 3800X still hits 4525Mhz with everything left on Auto, so I personally don't see the point on turning it on. I am focusing more on increasing RAM performance at the moment.

Associate
Is anybody else's cpu temps all over the place. Sitting on desktop my temps go from 35c to 65c and anywhere in between constantly. My fans are revving up & down, it's driving me nuts. This can't be how this cpu is supposed to act surely. I'm on 3700x btw.

Soldato
Is anybody else's cpu temps all over the place. Sitting on desktop my temps go from 35c to 65c and anywhere in between constantly. My fans are revving up & down, it's driving me nuts. This can't be how this cpu is supposed to act surely. I'm on 3700x btw.

Have you installed the latest chipset drivers? It fixes problems with boost ramping up too quickly causing things like this.

Soldato

There are plenty of options on the sections with prefix "AMD" in the second tab.

Associate
Not only are my cpu temps all over the place. The mobo won't save the custom SB profile I input. Last night the SB temp was 64c without the fan running, today the SB temp is 72c with the fan at 1600rpm. I can't get my head around this board at all.

Associate

Mine does this too, using stock cooler. I've got CPU fan in "silent" mode, but sitting on desktop it keeps on going from 900 or so up to 1,200+. Fans not exactly noisy at these speeds, but the ramping up and down of the fan is noticeable, almost like a car revving - guess more motor noise. Cpu temp does vary a lot. Think it's down to the dynamic voltage/speed thing going on with the CPU.

Latest version of windows, chipset drivers, bios etc installed.

Associate
Been checking out a pic of the chipset cooler on the board. Don't know whether they've re-purposed an existing cooler, but seems a lot of wasted potential. There could have been more fins where I've added some lines in blue, and the red bar could be more fins or looks like clearance enough to put a flat heat pipe on there. Top edge could me more fins rather than solid for more surface area. Fan doesn't look like it actually pushes that much given the relatively big motor and small blades.

Not sure what the deal is with the hole top left corner either.

Almost looks like it could be fitted the other around too, if the fan lead was long enough? Depends on clearance below - believe there's an m2 connector underneath it and a couple of caps. If they weren't catering for the extra long M2 style card, it would be moved across a bit like the center one and wouldn't be an issue then, and would allow for a longer cooler too.

Rev 2 maybe? :)

Fitting a taller aftermarket one (like the old zalman cooler, think I have a couple somewhere...) would probably mean loosing the M2 cooling plate though, since it overlaps...

ChipsetCooler.jpg

Soldato
Hardware Unboxed just released their vrm test, still no SB test from what I can find.

The X570 taichi has the worst tempretures of any high end X570 model

Soldato
Disheartening to hear of these potential issues, I have little choice in the matter now my 3900X is coming today and I want to put it together.

Fingers crossed my fan is okay. I read about some people having loose screws on the fan they tightened and got better temps. It was in this thread iirc but I can't find it, I want to check mine before I put it together.

Associate
Disheartening to hear of these potential issues, I have little choice in the matter now my 3900X is coming today and I want to put it together.

Fingers crossed my fan is okay. I read about some people having loose screws on the fan they tightened and got better temps. It was in this thread iirc but I can't find it, I want to check mine before I put it together.
Yes someone had said to check the screws on the back where the backplate is.

Back
Top Bottom