PC Game Pass (was Xbox Game Pass for PC)

Associate
Another 4 games on the way:

• Night Call, 7/17
  • The Banner Saga 3, 7/18
  • Killer Instinct DE, 7/25
  • For The King, 7/25
https://twitter.com/XboxGamePassPC/status/1151171638815121413
Just gave For the King a google, description sounded great, the images looks naff, the store page looked great, then there's a bunch of free updates. Looking at the reviews think I'm going to have to give it a go, people had the same initial judgement I have who fell in love with it (reminds me of mount and blade, looked pretty generic but actually a great game to play)

"Well this one is certainly a hidden gem. And one I wouldn't have normally discovered. Don't be put off by the strange graphic style (which is initially grating) as I almost was. Don't be put off by the fact that it LOOKS like a casual mobile game as I almost was. Instead be completely taken aback by how good it is, how it has more depth than a great many more expensive titles, how all its extra scenarios were given free rather than being used to milk more money as DLCs, and how it's great as a single player game and even more fun as a co-op title. A solid 90% with bags of replay value, For the King is a must buy for the majority of gamers."

Associate
I seem to be downloading Gears 5 Tech Test, included with the pass. Not sure when it went live or is going live, but it's downloading.

edit, goes live tomorrow the 19th at 6PM

Online play is active from July 19 (starting at 10 a.m. PDT - or 6pm UK time) through July 22 at 10 a.m. PDT (again, 6pm UK time) for the first session.

The service will then go live once again after that on July 26 (at 10 a.m. PDT) until July 29 at 10 a.m. PDT.

You can download the client from any time once this story is live - just be aware that the servers will be offline.

Online multiplayer will require Xbox Live Gold on console, and Microsoft notes that because this Tech Test is to help test our servers, you might encounter some queueing as you start to play.

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
Wow, the game downloads through the app are painfully slow.

I've found the issue isn't so much that they're slow but they're inconsistent. I get drops to about 10% of my max speed for about 30 seconds, then up to 60%, then back up to 100% for a minute or so and then back down and all over the place.

Whereas any other platform, steam, origin, uplay...all consistent speeds. Not necessarily at max speeds but steady and verified with a net monitor that's always running.

Soldato
I've not experienced any issues with downloads, haven't downloaded anything for a couple of weeks so not sure if there are current issues, but everything I have downloaded has maxed out my connection.

Associate
also experienced painfully slow downloads, set wolfenstein to download last night around 11pm, still was not done by this morning at 7am... Also another annoying feature is that you cannot set multiple items to download at the same time, can only que them..

Associate
Anybody having troubles with Killer Instinct? when i launch it all i can select is 1 character? i thought we had the defenitive edition? but when i click it its telling me to buy it?

Soldato
Just started the £1 trial of this and my word the client is awful.

Trying to download Rise of the Tomb Raider and it keeps on falling over every couple of mins

Trying to install another game and I am getting this error. What a pile of poo.

hxCUL0u.png
Finally got round to installing this and got 2 months for 2 quid and I get this error when trying to install through the MS App Store. I did install Metro through the XBox app but it was pretty slow in places.

I'm fully patched with the latest updates for W10 and the apps are updated too. My PC is registered with my MS account but I can't install any of the games using the MS App Store. Any ideas what I can do to remedy this?

Man of Honour
Finally got round to installing this and got 2 months for 2 quid and I get this error when trying to install through the MS App Store. I did install Metro through the XBox app but it was pretty slow in places.

I'm fully patched with the latest updates for W10 and the apps are updated too. My PC is registered with my MS account but I can't install any of the games using the MS App Store. Any ideas what I can do to remedy this?

When you say you have the latest updates for Win 10, does that include the May 2019 update, version 1903 ? Thats the one which is needed, I had a friend whose Win10 said he was fully updated but it hadnt put on the 1903 update and he had to manually do that update to get it to work

Soldato
When you say you have the latest updates for Win 10, does that include the May 2019 update, version 1903 ? Thats the one which is needed, I had a friend whose Win10 said he was fully updated but it hadnt put on the 1903 update and he had to manually do that update to get it to work

Yes, 1903 was installed back in June.

I log in with a local account if that makes any difference?

Soldato
I don't actually know, but it does sound like you could be right there. It's saying you don't have a device linked to your account, which would make sense if you only sign in with a local account. I think you can check your linked devices here https://account.microsoft.com/devices/
My PC is already linked and shows up under linked devices, will have to do some more digging around to try and find an answer.

Soldato
The whole set up for installing games is pretty messed up for me:

1. I have installed one game so far using the XBox App but the speeds are slow.

2. If I try to install through the MS Store App I get the No Devices linked error.

3. If I go into the MS Store website I can install a game, when I click on install it opens the MS Store App which enables me to choose what drive to install on. However, not all the games show up on the Windows Store Website (unless I'm looking in the wrong place!).

Soldato
Shame to hear yours isn't working well, mine works pretty much perfectly so I am sure it's capable of working fine.

I am also using a local account to signin to Windows, but it works just fine if I sign into the Xbox app using my hotmail account.

Are you running any apps that might interfere with it? can you try closing stuff down to see if it fixes the problem.

Are you running anything on your network that might be killing it? i.e. pihole traffic blocking or a physical firewall?

Have you ever run anything to rip features out of Windows or to try and streamline it?

Back
Top Bottom