Spec me a VPN that allows port forwarding...

Soldato
So I'm a long time subscriber to express vpn, however I can't connect to xbox live through game pass for PC while connected to the vpn. I don't see the point in paying for a service that I have to disable when I want to play online

Can anyone recommend a service that I can use with xbox live?

Soldato
Why do you want to game through a VPN? Likelihood is that it will just add to your latency.

Also you shouldn't need to port forward just to get connected, that is more outbound connections and the responses even if unsolicited should be triggering your firewall as being "related" so shouldn't be being blocked.

Not telling, just hinting at the wrong solution for the wrong problem.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the reply, I'm just going by what I've been told by express VPN's tech support. I just don't like connecting to the net without one.

Associate
The VPNs I know of that support port forwarding have a reservation system (once a port is taken, you cannot use it yourself). So any popular service that uses a certain set of ports will be taken immediately of course. It only works if you can configure the port number for the service. You probably won't be able to allocate anything under port number 1,000 either.

Also, if the service (MS) outright bans the use of VPNs and rigerously keeps its blacklists up to date, there's not much you can do.

Associate
AirVPN Also allows portforwarding

https://airvpn.org/

I've been using them for a few years now speeds are pretty good, up to 20 port forwards (if i remember correctly). Uses OpenVPN and they have quite a few UK servers. Cannot say if it will work with Xbox Live as I don't have one, but I suspect probably not.

Back
Top Bottom