• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3700x vs 3800x

Soldato
I wonder if you are right now... But wrong when they improve the microcode and bios.....

It’s not really true now either, I mean you are approaching it with regards to overclocking it then really the 3800X is the choice. Yes it’s not huge percentages this is what overclocking is about, it’s also more likely to have better IMC and FCLk.

I can’t see why anyone is angry at that really given Ryzen has always been that way. Don’t get me wrong if you want value then of course 3700X but if you want the best chance of clicking including memory then the £100 isn’t the worst deal ever...

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

I wonder if you are right now... But wrong when they improve the microcode and bios.....

Yeah this is what im waiting for as well tbh, by all means I want the bios updates to show that there is actually a worthy enough difference to actually contemplate getting a 3800x over a 3700x, but at the moment I think its far from it.

Soldato
Yeah this is what im waiting for as well tbh, by all means I want the bios updates to show that there is actually a worthy enough difference to actually contemplate getting a 3800x over a 3700x, but at the moment I think its far from it.
It seems very odd. I was about to place my order for collection tomorrow but the 3700x has gone back to RRP. So I have an excuse to think for a while.

I'm also assuming I can oc well on the b450 tomahawk

Soldato
Don’t get me wrong if you want value then of course 3700X but if you want the best chance of clicking including memory then the £100 isn’t the worst deal ever...[/QUOTE said:
Already that much difference! On release the difference was only £60; £319 for 3700X and £379 for 3800X

Back
Top Bottom