• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Caporegime
Motherboard problems? What motherboard problems? [/S]
Mine won't even attempt to post as with CPU in socket it cuts out the power supply. Good old X570 designed specifically for 3rd gen Ryzen.
I've RMA'd the CPU, ordered a new one, and will test it when it arrives tomorrow. Then if still no joy I will need to RMA the X570.

In other news, I purchased a PSU tester and a mobo POST speaker/buzzer which arrived last night, so I will look to test the PSU properly today too.
But other than these very minor setbacks, how are you enjoying your new Ryzen 3000 system? :D

My board is over 2 years old and was £80 new, just say'in :D

Caporegime
I have a question for everyone, or at least the one that has experience with Hydronaut. I had ran out last week and nearest store only had Hydronaut in stock so I bought it. I recently bought Kryonaut again to have for when Hydronaut runs out. Should I swap them since Kryonaut is technically better? I honestly haven't noticed difference in temps but we also have a new chipset driver which is not as aggressive as the previous one, so that could be why as well.

Kryonaut, that's liquid metal? These chips don't pull enough power to justify stuff like that, and it eats into the CPU's Heat Spreader, not worth it IMO.

Associate
Kryonaut, that's liquid metal? These chips don't pull enough power to justify stuff like that, and it eats into the CPU's Heat Spreader, not worth it IMO.
No its a normal thermal paste from Thermal Grizzly, both Kryonaut and Hydronaut are non contuctive, one has grease and the other one doesn't.

Permabanned
@Zeed "paying Asus motherboard tax prices with a smile on my face" lol Asus BIOS is really good in my opinion. I still was not able to find the BCLK OC, I think is Auto Overclock on my Asrock board but not sure.
At lest I change settings in bios and it changes settings and boots up. People constantly say but its asus tax ye tax for stuff to actually work :p Maybe we only had 3 bioses for C7H so far but at lest One is working great :)

Caporegime
That is true ^^^ Asus boards are expensive but more than most they do seem to just work.

However, ASRock are the same and they don't have that premium Tax.

All thier boards are good even at the budget end but those Taichi boards are brilliant.

My board is over 2 years old and was £80 new, just say'in :D
My first choice was the Carbon AC, but small EEPROM put me off. Second choice was Tomahawk MAX, but that wasn't around when I placed my order (came into stock the day my X570 arrived lol). So I resorted to third choice.
I didn't mind paying extra for it primarily because I had seen some all AMD builds that were pushing the 5700XT up another level.

Soldato
Got mine Saturday for £280 used up my promotional credit, noticed price gone up on these now

3700x.jpg

Need a board though. Been looking at a few. Wonder if the chipset fan being a bit further down makes any difference to temperature on the Aorus Elite? The Asus pacman board looks decent as well.. dunno, ram i ordered shouldn't be an issue for either board, G.Skill said need to wait for BIOS update for the Gigabyte board to support the 3600mhz neo kit.

boards.jpg

Back
Top Bottom