Stripping paint from 40K miniatures.

Caporegime
Hi,

I am feeling inspired to possibly sell a ton or maybe pick the best ones and bring them back here and repaint them.

Whats the best cheapest way to strip the old citadel paint from a metal figure. THere might be a base layer of spray primer too.

Cant remember anything about painting them. Hardly surprising it was about 25 years ago O_o

Soldato
I found some old pics from a few years back, the Dreadnought was covered in thick silver paint, and originally blue underneath as well. Gave it a good spray and sealed in a large jam jar.

before.jpg

after1.jpg

after2.jpg

Caporegime
OP
I've got some of the very old dreadnoughts and I used to play space hulk a lot and upgraded most of the terminators to metal.
God knows how i afforded that as a kid. Saving dinner money and washing cars... lol
TU5NbGN.jpg

Soldato
Biostrip.

Get a pot on Amazon for about £10, brush it on, 1 pot will strip 100's of minis and works in about 30 minutes.

Edit: £16 a pot at the moment, still best value for money as you don't have to dip, just brush on so a little goes a long way, I've tried Dettol, IPA after using this I'd never go back.

Associate
Biostrip.

Get a pot on Amazon for about £10, brush it on, 1 pot will strip 100's of minis and works in about 30 minutes.

Edit: £16 a pot at the moment, still best value for money as you don't have to dip, just brush on so a little goes a long way, I've tried Dettol, IPA after using this I'd never go back.

Tried it on Resin?

Back
Top Bottom