Summer Transfer Thread 2019

Soldato
I think Martial on the left Rashfors up front and Pogba behing them in a triangle is the best thing we could do. And let Rashford and Martial swap positions.

... Matic and Mc Tominay behind Pogba is rubbish frankly.

I don't think there's any intention to play Pogba where you're envisioning. All through pre-season he's played as one of the two deeper midfielders. I'd be quite happy with him and Scott there. But it begs the question of who plays as the 10.

Soldato
Selling Lukaku without further signings just seems crazy to me. I hope something is in the pipeline.
He doesn't fit with the way Ole wants to play so better to get shot even if it leaves us short on numbers. Greenwood is going to be massive anyway ;)

Don
£8m for a CB that can't defend is not a steal.

City getting Cancelo must take their spending on fullbacks in the last few years to over £200m now. Crazy stuff.

Caporegime
OP
He's not 32 and won't be earning £150k+ per week though. I just fail to see how signing a CB that's proven himself to be a liability a good thing.
Well we’ll have to wait and see how it goes. He’s not long term though. We have Holding, and Saliba will be back next year, so it screams of a signing to bridge the gap.

Associate
Stop-gap Prem experience and leadership to tide over a team that has two or three young centrebacks with promise, at a point where we likely have little ready money for a player that would really improve that position due to other recent purchases.

I am no fan of David Luiz, but he's a proven winner and £8m in a market where £26m only gets you an injury-ravaged Tyrone Mings… unlikely to see many complaints.

Don
Stop-gap Prem experience and leadership to tide over a team that has two or three young centrebacks with promise, at a point where we likely have little ready money for a player that would really improve that position due to other recent purchases.

I am no fan of David Luiz, but he's a proven winner and £8m in a market where £26m only gets you an injury-ravaged Tyrone Mings… unlikely to see many complaints.
There's plenty of more bad defenders that you can sign for £8m too. Somebody not being as expensive as somebody else doesn't mean it's a good transfer, just like Mings to Villa being a terrible deal isn't an excuse for signing Luiz.

The one area of Arsenal's side where they've continually struggled is at CB and it's because they've signed CB's that are absolute liabilities. David Luiz is a very good footballer that could maybe be useful at a side like Barca that have 90% possession but defensively he's proven time and time again that he's a liability.

Back
Top Bottom