**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Thread ****

Soldato
My upgrade is due in less than 2 weeks. So I will hold out to see what deals Three are going to offer. I think it'll be a nice upgrade from an S9. Never had a Note before, wife has got the Note 9 and I quite like it.

Associate
Looks quite nice and a £400 trade in on my Note 9, debating if its really worth the money mind you...

5G would be the one to go for, living in Manchester... Sleeping on it and might decide tomorrow!

Associate
No pre order goodies yet again!
Not giving much incentive these days to pre order, the S10 release gave away free wireless buds, previous Note 9 again nothing, hmmmm

Soldato
So unless you want the smaller size, the Plus version seems to make a lot more sense for only a £100 more. Faster charging, bigger battery, depth sensors on the camera, higher resolution (and obviously bigger) screen, SD card expansion, more RAM on base model.

All in all, as expected this year is little underwhelming since upgrades are all evolutionary and incremental. Dinosaurs like me are obviously upset about the headphone jack but that's just where the industry is heading, however, it's disappointing to see the zoom camera remain at x2 for 2 years now and would be nice to see 90Hz screen too.

Soldato
Yes it is.

I'm going to go with the 10+ 5G, Three are offering it for a not too silly price.

The cheapest Three offer with unlimited data works out at a total of £1650 ish over 24 months. “Not too silly” isn’t much of a compliment :p

Come Black Friday, it’ll be £400 less over the term I reckon.

Soldato
The cheapest Three offer with unlimited data works out at a total of £1650 ish over 24 months. “Not too silly” isn’t much of a compliment :p

Come Black Friday, it’ll be £400 less over the term I reckon.

Once the phone is paid for, their £66/mo plan works out to be just over £20/mo for the tariff which isn't horrendous. There are cheaper options but I don't think they're taking the pee!

Caporegime
Really not sure I agree with splitting up the Note line, an assumption but I would think people largely want to choose how large their capacity will be for Samsung's flagship.

More choice is great but personally I want the N10+'s features in the N10's body. I keep telling myself I will not get a bigger phone and nearly 7" is ridiculous :o:p.

Associate
So Samsung, it seems are just charging £1k for software now?

Currently on a Note 8 and apart from more RAM (pointless) and an UW camera the Note 10 hardware wise, doesn't really offer anything over what I have :(

Few gimmicky features such as the 3D mapping which is a cool tech demo and gesture control via S-Pen, that in reality, nobody will ever use, there is little to get excited about.

Without sounding like a negative nancy I wish people would stop buying into this **** and force companies to actually improve their products by an amount that justifies the price, rather than instantly throwing their cash at the yearly tosh that comes out.

Rant over :D

Soldato
The more I look at it, the more I'm not sure what the point of the smaller Note is? Guess it's there to satisfy the part of the market that is sick of huge phones, but it isn't exactly that small and for the sake of £100 you're sacrificing quite a few features and specs over Plus model.

Even up against a regular S10, only thing it offers is the stylus and for us peasants in Europe, slightly improved Exynos SoC. Aperture looks to be a little lower on the telephoto with identical UWA and not sure if the main sensor is the same. You could even argue S10 has an upper hand in some respects, headphone jack, SD storage, 1440p screen and all with a much healthier price tag now that discounts are rolling in.

Soldato
The more I look at it, the more I'm not sure what the point of the smaller Note is? Guess it's there to satisfy the part of the market that is sick of huge phones, but it isn't exactly that small and for the sake of £100 you're sacrificing quite a few features and specs over Plus model.

Even up against a regular S10, only thing it offers is the stylus and for us peasants in Europe, slightly improved Exynos SoC. Aperture looks to be a little lower on the telephoto with identical UWA and not sure if the main sensor is the same. You could even argue S10 has an upper hand in some respects, headphone jack, SD storage, 1440p screen and all with a much healthier price tag now that discounts are rolling in.

It is an odd one I can see the advantages of S10 variants but the Note series has always been about been big and bold and fully featured

Back
Top Bottom