Best X570 Motherboards

Soldato
The Xtreme is a beast of a board.

It is but way over priced. If it was £450-£499 would have jumped on one but these computer manufacturers are taking the pee with prices.

Nvidia, intel and board manufacturers turn this time round. Last year Top spec board was <£300 now its just shy of <£800.

Really hope EVGA make AMD boards at one point.

Man of Honour
How are people finding the fans? Are they annoying or not noticeable? If they are annoying I may just stick with a B450 or X470 when I upgrade. Fans are a big negative for me.

Back in the old days we had motherboard fans. But they were easy to get to and no-one had windowed cases. So we just took them off and ghetto'd an 80mm fan pointing at it instead.

Associate
I have a Gigabyte Aorus Elite, have 6 other (quiet) fans in my rig and I haven't noticed the MB fan at all. My PC is on a table next to my desk, 3-4 feet from my right ear.

Not sure about the other MB brands but with the GB boards the chipset fan speed and curve is fully adjustable in the BIOS.

One consideration is the position of the chipset fan. I've read that on some boards the fan is positioned such that it can get covered by installed pcie devices (grapics card) which could make it more difficult to get cool air to. Hopefully someone else can confirm/deny that.

Soldato
How are people finding the fans? Are they annoying or not noticeable? If they are annoying I may just stick with a B450 or X470 when I upgrade. Fans are a big negative for me.
From anecdotal chat in the Gigabyte X570 forum they're silent as they introduced a curve/semi passive(maybe) with updates - can't comment on other boards but would expect the same with updates if they don't exist already.

The B550 may prove to be fanless - even if it has limited PCIe 4 implementation (guessing) - this is what i'm holding out for but if it has a fan then i may look at butchering a x570 depending on YouTuber attempts (purely because the manufactures priorities the x570 boards for updates - but will probably even out over time).

In the old days we had motherboard fans. But they were easy to get to and no-one had windowed cases. So we just took them off and ghetto'd an 80mm fan pointing at it instead.
Yeah - all hail zip ties and Heath Robinson solutions to get the fan in the optimal position over the Northbridge. :) I still have windowless cases (silence is key for me) so i occasionally play with unorthodox approaches if/when required.

Associate
not very good VRMs

yep i saw that review.
Not sure what would be the best choice, my original plan was to buil a compact pc with mATX size, too bad for very poor choice range on this size.

I also have a good full atx case, so i was thinking about the asus pro ws x570-ace and definetely leave low end market and matx.
I can find it in italy for 270eur new (£250). Any thoughts about ?

Associate
Aorus your better covered for warranty/rma and VRM are a BOAT load (12 phases on 16 phase controller). ASRock has a nice clean bios. Asus is just over priced !
Yeah I am leaning more towards the Master to be honest, but taichi is much cheaper and I am not sure if there is any difference in real life scenarios

Associate
Prob not to be honest, specially for gaming - might be if you plan on running 16+ cores with AVX like workloads etc
I wonder if we will see more differences between those boards when the 3950x comes, probably it will stress more the motherboards and we will see the ones that are better than the others

Last edited:
Soldato
I wonder if we will see more differences between those boards when the 3950x comes, probably it will stress more the motherboards and we will see the ones that are better than the others
At stock it won't be that much heavier than 12 core with same TDP. (even stock cooler is same)
And don't see all core overclocks matching automatic boosting.
So at least for gaming purpose there's likely zero sense in manual overclocking.

And overall X570 VRMs are just heavy duty handling 150A level currents (CPU's heat output at 200W level) comfortably.
Unlike in previous AM4 boards.

Back
Top Bottom