• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASROCK X570 TAICHI - THE RYZEN 3000 MOTHERBOARD GIBBO & 8 PACK RECOMMENDS

Associate
No it doesn't, at least not in the same way. The Master has a true 12+2 phase (IR 3556 , 12 X 50A). The TaiChi has 6 phases with ISL6617 doublers. The Gigabyte runs much cooler.
That is if you want to get into specifics but they both have 12 50A phases. Matter of fact up to 150A the Taichi seems to generate less heat.

X570 Xtreme has 14 true 70A phases which are much better than the ones in the Master and it was never over 10C hotter than the Taichi during tests. The Master will be the same temp or within 1-2C difference from the Taichi

Last edited:
Soldato
That is if you want to get into specifics but they both have 12 50A phases. Matter of fact up to 150A the Taichi seems to generate less heat.

X570 Xtreme has 14 true 70A phases which are much better than the ones in the Master and it was never over 10C hotter than the Taichi during tests. The Master will be the same temp or within 1-2C difference from the Taichi

On the tests I saw the Taichi ran about 10-15 degrees hotter than the Gigabyte and Asus boards. To be fair though the reviewer probably had the loose chipset heatsink issue a lot of the TaiChi boards seem to suffer from. I'll be grabbing an Xtreme and a 5700XT myself, but I'm waiting on 3950x.

Soldato
In this price range the best board is the Asus Strix-E, which ocuk doesn't sell. It has basically the same VRM as the Hero, which is hugely more expensive and uses the best parts from Asus. It's weird regional pricing - in the USA the Strix-E is basically the same price as the Hero, but here it's significantly cheaper at around the Taichi. Otherwise there's not much better than the Taichi without spending a bit more.

Caporegime
In this price range the best board is the Asus Strix-E, which ocuk doesn't sell. It has basically the same VRM as the Hero, which is hugely more expensive and uses the best parts from Asus. It's weird regional pricing - in the USA the Strix-E is basically the same price as the Hero, but here it's significantly cheaper at around the Taichi. Otherwise there's not much better than the Taichi without spending a bit more.

The Aorus Elite seems the pick of the bunch to me, same VRM as the Taichi, one less M2 slot, but only £220.

Soldato
It done well considering its half the price of most of them, except maybe the Hero which it is closer in price to but still cheaper than. It still had maybe 30-40C left of thermal headroom under max load... So no problems at all.

Yep they did mention that the VRM was rated for over 100c, so seing 72c on VRM is fine. I'm more interested in PCH/SB temps and fan speed/noise comparisons but has anyone done this yet?

Soldato
I've finally opened my Taichi to famailarize myself with the layout for when the rest of my system arrives in an hour. The two screws on the back of the board for the fan weren't that loose but I did get another turn out of them both. I can see where the type-c header is now and I don't know what they were thinking with that one. Maybe this armour shield thing is legit and I don't have an m.2 drive to put in but when I do I'll have to take out my cards just put it in, and I don't like thought of that. Now I just need to see, or rather hear how that little fan turns out.

I don't remember if my old Gigabyte x58 motherboard came with mounting screws but this Taichi didn't and I need 10 for this board. I don't have any spare so whatever comes out of my current board is all I have.

Soldato
Screws usually come with your case not the motherboard.

I just went looking through a box I have not yet unpacked from my move and found a bag with loads of little bags inside and one of them has 12 screws and strangely only 3 risers. I'm guessing I've used this bag before and that's why there is only 3. Also found the other 2 SSD mounts for my Corsair 750D. I only went into that box to get out some replacement fans I bought in 2017, might as well finally put them in since the whole PC is being ripped out.

Back
Top Bottom