** NEW LG MONITORS - INCLUDING 2 EXCLUSIVE TO OCUK!!! **

Associate
To be honest LG UK's management leaves a lot to be desired. Also LG need to start matching other manufacturers warranties on high end products such as these.I swear if there was a better option on the market I would have cancelled my preorder purely out of principal, but the sad reality is that there really isnt.

I have spent the last few years trying to win the so called panel lottery. There should have been a class action law suit for the auo panels. Then the samsung va,'s numerous problems with dirt under bezels. They even had the audacity to supply amazon with refurbed units and ship them out as new.

I went through 7 chg70,s, only one of which was actually new. The last I sent in to samsung uk on an rma and they actually bricked it and returned it stating the eta on parts was too long. Trust me I have had just about every gaming panel out there and the qc on the majority leaves a lot to be desired.

Tvs come pretty much perfect, rarely do you see as many issues with them as you do with monitors. Is this because they are more in demand? I mean why cant the same level of quality control be applied to monitors? Is it because they are not as big a money maker or not as big of a demand?

Sorry for the rant, but I have been trying to find a problem free panel since 2015. I had one chg70 that qas perfect but developed issues over time. I hope to god this LG is the end to my search. Doesn't have to be absolutely perfect, just has to be at a tolerable level. I estimate that I have been through at least 20 panels from various manufacturers in just a few years. Also wht do custimera in Canada,US and Asia get a special copy of rainbow six siege and we get nothing of the sort?

Associate
I would have expected more than 19 stock though for a nationwide exclusive...
After the factory delays causing delays all over it doesn't surprise me at all. LG's choices probably were to either have a large amount of stock for the first batch and delay it or just have a smaller first batch. I'm not sure how good the supply is for Europe with Amazon de getting delayed a month.

Associate
Yeah that small batch isn't really going to meet demand I don't think. And if people have to wait another month they may start to look at imports from Europe (who seem to have good supply)

Yup... Already kinda looking. Going by the push backs we have seen so far just for the first batch whose to say that it's not going to be the end of September to see the 2nd batch.

Associate
Evening gents.

I spoke to a rep today and they said they were hopefully receiving the the first batch today. I ordered mine on the 10/07/19 and he said I was pretty high up on the list and I should be getting one of the first batch.
I haven't received any email of dispatch so tomorrow will be doubtful guessing they have to process their end. What's a couple more days between friends? Haha

Could be worse I ordered my Ryzen 3900X before my monitor and it's been pushed back until end of August.

Associate
When your 40th on the list it's not going to be a few days :( ... but good to hear at least some people will be getting some ;) I guess I was one of the lucky ones for the 3900x. At least I have a monitor I can use until the new one arrives >.<

Associate
Sometimes the dispatch email doesn't arrive until the morning after (the same day as delivery), I wouldn't get your hopes up but anything can happen.

Associate
<snip>

to all those expecting dispatch today/tonight forget it. I already enquired within, yes they received them today but they have a backlog of orders and won't be sorting through the monitors until tomorrow, sure it's not like its a priority or anything we have only waited a month of delays and etas there are more important orders, and yea I'm not supposed to say this in public forum. But when you get messed around like this you don't care anymore. This post most likely will also be deleted but I literally have lost any good I have to say on this, you might as well know the truth. I have always promoted ocuk to friends and family always had nothing but good things to say but honestly, it was one thing saying to me on live stream when I asked about these panels ' Oh you'll get them if they are in next week otherwise you won't *laugh* '. That left a sour taste in my mouth but I said nothing and left it at that, then four weeks of one person saying one thing and another saying another thing. Go ahead delete this too, and ban me if you must but this is my last time ever ordering with ocuk (something I never thought I would hear myself say). You deserve the truth you paid your money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man of Honour
Uaon, please stop arguing with moderating decisions. If you want to discuss it further, please feel free to email me. Your last post was deleted because you basically just repeated the same content that was in the previous deleted posts - can you not see why that's not appropriate?

I don't work for OcUK or have anything to do with the shop, but you could certainly post up in the customer service section if you want to complain about the stock/supply delays or any of the service you've experienced with the store: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/forums/ocuk-customer-service.116/

Associate
to all those expecting dispatch today/tonight forget it. I already enquired within, yes they received them today but they have a backlog of orders and won't be sorting through the monitors until tomorrow, sure it's not like its a priority or anything we have only waited a month of delays and etas there are more important orders
I wonder what happened to the priority booking? I was under the impression the whole point was to jump queue ahead of the backlog, but my guess is the ryzen and super backorders also received priority boking.
Another day wait doesn't make much difference to me since I still haven't got the 2070 super I ordered a month ago.

Associate
Isn't there some law against taking pre-orders without knowing the delivery date?

Part 5 of The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 says:
Unless there is an agreed time or period, the contract is to be treated as including a term that the trader must deliver the goods—
"Unless the trader and the consumer have agreed otherwise, the contract is to be treated as including a term that the trader must deliver the goods to the consumer. Unless there is an agreed time or period, the contract is to be treated as including a term that the trader must deliver the goods—
(a)without undue delay, and

(b)in any event, not more than 30 days after the day on which the contract is entered into.

Bu, tbh, ordering something that is marked as "pre-order" could be construed as you agreeing with Overclockers to an open-ended wait for the product.

And even if they were in breach, you'd only be entitled to your money back, which I'm sure they'd do if asked.

Associate
I asked if I could have a Saturday delivery, I would have thought seeing as I ordered a month ago, they would bump my order to an express shipment but guess not, I'll just have to wait until next week. Nothing to delete here right? is this post okay for you @Baddass ? Hate for you to have to remove something again.

So if they can't deliver within 30 days they shouldn't be taking pre-orders.
You should receive the goods no later than 30 days from the date of purchase unless an alternative date has been agreed between you and the business. <- That's the law

Back
Top Bottom