The Chelsea Club Thread **No Spoilers**

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

I think you will know within the first few weeks of the season. Pre-season really doesn't mean much when you are playing against unfit, poor quality, weakened versions of teams you will face in the PL. Even the games against the likes of RM, Barca etc don't tell you much.

To be fair some of the teams we played were already half way through their season so they were pretty match fit and ready to go. But I do agree with what you're saying.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

So now Cahill and Luiz are off, who are Chelsea’s first choice CB’s?

I would say Christensen and Rudiger to start the majority of the games, Zouma as first backup and Tomori to play in early FA and Carabao cup games. In an emergency we can always put Dave in at CB

Soldato
I'm not too concerned with Luiz leaving if Chelsea plugged the gap with youth. I think if Drinkwater and Bakayoko leave as well it will help Lampard bring in players he wants.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

How would you rate the season so far lads?

imo, we started shaky as players were getting used to the system, but the lat few weeks have been fantastic. Youth integration has been top notch and several youth players have come good.
Tomori was great his first few games, but the last few he has looked very shaky and been making mistakes. Luckily we have still won those games, but he needs to fix up.

Looking forward to the Ajax game as thats a proper game to show how far we've become

Soldato
I'm loving it, I think both Dave and Alonso are getting unnecessary grief but both the centre backs are looking very shoddy at the moment along with Barkley and Kepa is never going to be worth his price tag, on the upside I like Kovacic and Jorginho has been a complete revelation!

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

I'm loving it, I think both Dave and Alonso are getting unnecessary grief but both the centre backs are looking very shoddy at the moment along with Barkley and Kepa is never going to be worth his price tag, on the upside I like Kovacic and Jorginho has been a complete revelation!

Dave and Alonso were poor for a while, but I think they've refound their form! Alonso especially has actually been great since Emerson got injured. I do agree that the CB's look shoddy at best, Zouma has been poor but in all fairness against Newcastle he was pretty solid. Think if we were to fully compete or top honours we have to sign a world class CB who wil dominate, much like how VVD has done for Liverpool.

I like Kepa, but I just think his wrists are too weak, he always manages to get a hand on shots but a lot of shots end up hitting his hands and going in. Aside from that I actually think hes great tbh!

Jorginho has been sensational since the latter parts of last season, and Kovacic is fantastic but I really dont see why Lampard starts Dross Barkley ahead of him? Makes no sense to me

Soldato
As Chelsea fans can anyone give me some insight.. I've had azpilicueta in my fantasy team for a while but his shoulder injury has cost me and I am going to sub him out. Is this a mistake now he's surely going to be back, is he gona play more or would silva be a better choice? I already have rudiger and James.

Don
Will they not move the defence around with azpilicueta, that's my concern if I drop him, that he'll need to be added in because of Chilwell
Azpilicueta's unlikely to play as a left wingback/left midfielder as Chilwell has been playing. Alonso is the most obvious replacement.

Soldato
Chelsea fans need to wind it in this season, Mendy is like a poor version of Dave Beasant, Chalobah thinks he's Baresi but is actually Boulahrouz, Havertz is not a striker, Werner is not a footballer and Reece James isn't worth the hype.

I still think Tuchel lost the dressing room last season and we will be lucky to even be in the race for top 4.

Happy to be proven wrong, rarely am.

Soldato
Chelsea fans need to wind it in this season, Mendy is like a poor version of Dave Beasant, Chalobah thinks he's Baresi but is actually Boulahrouz, Havertz is not a striker, Werner is not a footballer and Reece James isn't worth the hype.

I still think Tuchel lost the dressing room last season and we will be lucky to even be in the race for top 4.

Happy to be proven wrong, rarely am.
This could easily be one of the season they have every now and then when they finish about 5th

Back
Top Bottom