Microprose is back!

Soldato
Gunship 2000 was awesome. I remember often taking the troop transport helicopter on missions just because of the sheer volume of armament it could carry.

There was a WW2 flight sim set in the pacific arena a few years later too. Pretty sure that was Microprose but I can't remember the name.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I can’t remember if I played silent service 2 or M1 tank platoon more. Bought my Amiga just to play Falcon (the 1st version).

If you guys want big manuals, checkout the downloads for DCS, most of the jets are over 200 pages each and some of it is actually important to know.

FTM

FTM

Soldato
I played Gunship to Death

was m1 Tank Platoon theirs as well, I was obsessed with that as I had read red storm rising the year before it was released

Associate
When I hear Microprose I think Transport Tycoon/Railroad Tucoon and original Civilization. Epic games.
Transport Tycoon is still popular and growing in its open source OpenTTD form. Not bad for a 25 year old game!

Soldato
Apocalypse is the best one! i was thinking of starting a new game just this week actually! I spent hours and hours on that game.
Ah, I'm getting lovely nostalgic memories of sprinting across the map with a Popper or a Brainsucker chasing me!

And I particularly remember the bug where any wheeled vehicles would be destroyed in one shot because it damaged the road beneath them.

Soldato
Gunship 2000 on Amiga! Although I was only 7 at the time, I remember using the keyboard overlay and playing it with my dad (who hogged the Amiga for hours playing it!)
Think it was the only game I actually played using the keyboard and joystick instead of just the joystick :D

Back
Top Bottom