Glorious Model O mouse

Man of Honour
Mine just arrived. I won't be able to try it in a game until tonight. But my word it's light. It looks lovely too. I guess my only first negative impression is that the forward thumb button is a little too far forward for my small hands. But I'll get used to it and it's probably just muscle memory from my current mouse.

It's nice to finally be able to retire my original Mamba which is literally falling apart; the battery expanded and broke the compartment catch so I've been using it wired for a few years, the side grips fell off ages ago and the rubber coating wore smooth in places.

The MO really is incredibly light. It has wonderfully crisp left and right buttons too.

Last edited:
Associate
Mine just arrived. I won't be able to try it in a game until tonight. But my word it's light. It looks lovely too. I guess my only first negative impression is that the forward thumb button is a little too far forward for my small hands. But I'll get used to it and it's probably just muscle memory from my current mouse.

It's nice to finally be able to retire my original Mamba which is literally falling apart; the battery expanded and broke the compartment catch so I've been using it wired for a few years, the side grips fell off ages ago and the rubber coating wore smooth in places.

The MO really is incredibly light. It has wonderfully crisp left and right buttons too.
I also recieved mine. Came on the 7, I collected it today

Associate
If you post in the customer services pre-sales forum they will check for you. I seem to recall someone on here mentioning a date in September though.

I love mine. It's absolutely worth the money.

Will do. I am not keen on ordering without a guranteed delivery date. I really want to change from my refurb Corsair M65 Pro, it just doesn't glide smoothly, and weighs ~120g, even with all of the adjustable weights removed.

Associate
Going to order one of these I think. My Zowie FK1 is starting to show it's age a bit. The standard size one should do I reckon! Might pick up one of their keyboards when they come back in stock also.

Associate
Well I ordered the mouse yesterday and it arrived today, even though the site said at the time that it was pre-order only and still says that! Very nice mouse, light and does a great job.

Associate
I see their website is showing the O minus official release tomorrow. Any idea when pre-orders on OcUK will get theirs please?

Soldato
Ocuk response when i asked when the pre-orders for the o- would be shipped

They're going to be later, haven't had a confirmed date yet but likely towards the end of the month on the o-

Associate
Just a note about this mouse: currently it seems to be plagued with a disconnect issue whereby the mouse will turn itself off and on again, particularly with movement exacerbating the problem. I'm hesistant to post reddit links due to what I assume are forum rules, but they're easy to find with a google, or on the official GMR reddit.

RJN theorised that the way they were packing the mice in the boxes with the cable at a right angle wouldn't be good for them, and my experience with my own mouse is heartbreaking -- when it was working, it was hands-down the best mouse I've ever used for fps games; light as they come (which made a difference you have to use to believe), best scroll wheel I've ever used; great shape, shape, software, RGB and so on. This is just to say: I really *want* to be a fan of this mouse. I've ordered the O- from the states as well, and am praying this is just a batch issue and won't affect my newer one.

At the moment, I can't use the mouse, and I don't seem to be alone. It seems like their customer service seems to be pretty good at sending out replacement mice, though I haven't made contact with OCuk about it yet, and they were my local retailer I got the mouse from. Fingers crossed :(.

Associate
So... i got it... the Glorious -o......

What a freakin relief! a mouse that GLIDES, a cable that doesn't want to snag on every thing it touches, clicky clicky buttons!

albeit i did get the cable holder, and mouse mat too but my past few Razer mice have been so-so, ever since they went for the the long strips on the top and bottom half of the mouse the gliding has sucked, and then you'd get the gravel like feeling and it's the feet being awkward, you'd literally have to cut tiny bits out, and yea that would fix it.. like the feet wear down and then get to a bit of crap that got stuck in the molding process.

I originally had the Copperhead and it was the best mouse since my cheap samsung from years back, but the mice never got better from then on really.. you had Synapse, crap mouse feet, and all-in-one buttons (buttons and mouse top all in one) which i wasn't fond of... so yeah.

Anyway...

I DO recommend the full house Mouse/Mat/Cable Holder, the cable itself is really light and seems happy to just stay where you want it, unlike the Razer mouse cables, currently (as mentioned in above post) the cable is like a 90 degree angle, and for me it actually helps as i have it slotted in the cable holder and the cable it'self is basically floating, doesn't touch the mat at all and i have plenty of length since i use a 5000/5400 DPI setting (could have gone for a smaller mat tbh, but it depends on the game).

It's really nice to move, with my Razer the first movement from a held position was always like a stutter, as you had to apply more force to get it moving, compared to actually moving it, (the Razer Mat was getting a bit worn i admit, but even in places i didn't use it (only use a small area) still same issue), this glides, same force from held position as you would be moving it.

(If you don't know what i mean, hold position, then move your mouse to see and feel how smooth it is, and how much force you use, then continually move it around and feel the force you are then using, along with how smooth it is/feels, the lower the DPI the less the issue is tbh)

The buttons are clicky, and so is the scroll wheell, about on par with Razer (Deathadder Elite) MAYBE require a little more force, however the actual scroll is much better! The buttons can "wiggle" a little, but you have to use your fingers to do it, they ain't loose and won't interrupt your game at all, as resting your fingers and pressing the buttons you won't notice any wiggle.

- Just tested it on the Razer Mouse mat, smooth as butter, a bit faster to move, but also a bit rougher on glide than the Glorious Mouse Mat, but thats a Hard vs Soft surface.

- Being honest if they did a --o, i'd buy that.

- If they did an RGB free version, it might be worthwhile for those with high DPI settings (like me).

- No grip pads (like Razer use) are a big plus, my hands don't really sweat, so i don't lose grip.. but the razer pads did get dirty after a while and with cleaning they would eventually loosen (causing grip issues) and come off... no issues with that here.

Back
Top Bottom