• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Upgrading from GTX 970 for 1440p and VR

Soldato
Have you tried the new 5700 series with VR ? just curious to know how you Know the new 5700 series is terrible at VR as I can find no feedback or benchmarks anywhere.

Only saw synthetics numbers for VR, but Vega et al were terrible, and AMD made no fuss about doing anything about it so I can't see how it would be better. The only time I saw people talk about them with VR they just had issues getting them to work properly (about Navi). Keep an eye on babel tech reviews, they're planning to do VR review for it.

http://www.comptoir-hardware.com/ar...3-test-amd-rx-5700-xt-a-rx-5700.html?start=17

Associate
OP
Phew, finally managed to log into overclockers again. I need to contact support because for some reason if I try to access overclockers via my network, it says "cannot securely connect to this page"
I've followed all the usual steps, clearing data, cookies, restarting, etc etc.

Anyway...

I bought a 2070S and a rift S, following the advice here.
Time will tell if I should waited, but like they say, "time in the market is better than timing the market"

Thanks again everyone.

Hopefully one day AMD will come up with their own VR fix and ansel alternative.

Back
Top Bottom