Does anyone ever get random weird sounds from their Samsung/Android phone?

Associate
My other half used to get these weird sounds like a call ending — just a couple of beeps, but not a notification beep or anything like that — intermittently on her S7. I could never work out what was causing it, and now I'm getting them too!

They happen maybe once every couple of days, so no big deal, but just a really weird bug. Anyway, anyone else get this?

Soldato
I've had a few recently, they sounded like the noise it makes when it's expecting you to say something into it's nice. I thought that's what it was actually.

Soldato
Reading around it's when an NFC card is near enough to be read by the phone. Makes sense in my situation as I had both my office access card and bus pass near it when it occurred.

Soldato
Reading around it's when an NFC card is near enough to be read by the phone. Makes sense in my situation as I had both my office access card and bus pass near it when it occurred.

Yeah if it's like a quiet bloop it may well be that. My S10+ does it when it's next to my wallet

Associate
I keep my phone in my top pocket and occasionally feel a vibration like I've got a notification but there's nothing there when I look

Soldato
There's also something buried in the settings somewhere that gives a small vibrate when you pick it up if there's a new notification. That drove me mad for ages.

Settings > Advanced Features > Motions and Gestures > Smart Alert

L33

L33

Permabanned
You could install Samsung's "nice catch" to find out what is causing it. It is a part of the good lock suite.

Article: https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/...ry-of-app-actions-on-your-phone-apk-download/
When installed and running, Nice Catch shows a detailed history of when apps (or the Android system itself) made vibrations, changed the ringer mode, changed call mode, displayed ads, showed toast popups, and/or woke up the screen, along with time stamps for all instances. For instance, if you enter vibration history, you'll see a list of the apps that have vibrated your phone and how many times they have done so in the past seven days. Items are deleted after that same span of time. When you click on an app, you'll see a list of exact times when it vibrated. While it's most useful if you have apps that you don't particularly trust, it's useful regardless if you're trying to sleuth out when and what app performed certain actions on your phone.

Back
Top Bottom