• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASROCK X570 TAICHI - THE RYZEN 3000 MOTHERBOARD GIBBO & 8 PACK RECOMMENDS

Associate
All bios has updated without issue using instant flash. But 1.80 is not recognised. In bios it says "No image file detected"

I am an idiot. Unzip it first . All sorted now.

Last edited:
Associate
Updated to 1.8. Had to reapply my settings but otherwise went ok. No difference in max speed of cores over 1.70 though.

hwinfo.JPG

Looks like I have one slightly lower core on 1st group of 4, and only one going a bit higher in 2nd group. Running something like prime95 seems to result in all cores running at 4.2.

On stock cooler, which might make a slight difference. Isn't 1.5V a bit high for core vid?

Caporegime
Updated to 1.8. Had to reapply my settings but otherwise went ok. No difference in max speed of cores over 1.70 though.

hwinfo.JPG

Looks like I have one slightly lower core on 1st group of 4, and only one going a bit higher in 2nd group. Running something like prime95 seems to result in all cores running at 4.2.

On stock cooler, which might make a slight difference. Isn't 1.5V a bit high for core vid?

I cant yet anywhere above 4.3ghz boosts with the same mobo and cou, consider yourself lucky!

Associate

hwinfo.JPG

I can see that overclocking and tweaking the Ryzen is far more complex and lots of settings to meddle with. Tried AMD Ryzen master and using an auto-overclock profile it's set boost +100. This has resulted in slight boosts to some of the cores. Everything seems to be managed at an individual core level now, rather than the whole CPU as whole as with chips of old.

hwinfo2.JPG

Still on stock cooler. From what I can tell, what's limiting the chips is the "TDC (CPU)" level which is maxed at 60A normally, and that's what seems to be hit during testing. Temps and PPT (CPU) aren't at max.

This is my first major upgrade in 7 years, so catching up. :D

Associate
I can see that overclocking and tweaking the Ryzen is far more complex and lots of settings to meddle with. Tried AMD Ryzen master and using an auto-overclock profile it's set boost +100. This has resulted in slight boosts to some of the cores. Everything seems to be managed at an individual core level now, rather than the whole CPU as whole as with chips of old.

hwinfo2.JPG

Still on stock cooler. From what I can tell, what's limiting the chips if the "TDC (CPU)" level which is maxed at 60A normally, and that's what seems to be hit during testing. Temps and PPT (CPU) aren't at max.

This is my first major upgrade in 7 years, so catching up. :D
I just finished selling the delidded 7700K that I bought 2 years ago. Wont be changing my CPU for another 3 years.

Associate
What chipset temps are people getting using HWMonitor? I am ideling at 52 deg and 66 deg after a gaming sesion. Definately hotter than i am used to but not dangerouse.

Associate
What fan setting did you select in the BIOS though? I have it on Silent

I have a custome profile . At idle i have it at 30%. its the lowest i can't hear. By the time it is a t 66 which is my highest measured temp it is at 70% so getting noisy.. i am still messing around with fans . They seem to be very important with zen2 and a quiet life.... iIts dificult to find the best noise to heat ratio within thermal rating for the components. I don't want to run things to hot to damage them. But i want to keep things as quiet as i can>>>>

Last edited:
Soldato
What chipset temps are people getting using HWMonitor? I am ideling at 52 deg and 66 deg after a gaming sesion. Definately hotter than i am used to but not dangerouse.

Mine fluctuates between 35 to 37c idle and 50 to 55c when gaming. I have a Corsair H150 AIO and all my fans are on auto.

Back
Top Bottom