• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
Up to 1.5v on light load, low threaded workloads is within spec of Ryzen 3000 series (0.2v - 1.5)

If you do an all core CB15 run it will drop down to about 1.22-1.25v providing you haven't enabled PBO

All good. 2092 on default & 1.25v ish.

I just thought it weird as before the rebuild I was on all the latest drivers and the volts where around 1v idleing, now it;s 1.48-1.5

Last edited:

ljt

ljt

Soldato
All good. 552 on default & 1.25v ish.

I just thought it weird as before the rebuild I was on all the latest drivers and the volts where around 1v idleing, now it;s 1.48-1.5

They should idle below 1v if you have no programs like msi afterburner, rgb software, HWInfo, steam, discord etc running in the background/bottom right taskbar.

If you want to see idle voltage then load nothing but CPUz up and watch the voltage drop. - Even moving the mouse causes a boost in voltage.

Associate
They should idle below 1v if you have no programs like msi afterburner, rgb software, HWInfo, steam, discord etc running in the background/bottom right taskbar.

If you want to see idle voltage then load nothing but CPUz up and watch the voltage drop. - Even moving the mouse causes a boost in voltage.

As I say, clean build and it's 1.5v

All latest drivers. I've not even got 7zip on yet. Bios up to date and cpuz is show 1.5v

Something is not happy somewhere.

Soldato
@Zeed

No luck either.

I'm happy enough at CL16 3600MHz. It works. Considering before I was struggling with 3200MHz it's a big upgrade for me.

However these settings as they are with VDDG on auto I was freezing with these settings, upping the VDDG to 1.1v 'solved' it, but apparently that wasn't the right then to do.

So if it freezes again I will up the SOC.

Soldato
@Zeed

No luck either.

I'm happy enough at CL16 3600MHz. It works. Considering before I was struggling with 3200MHz it's a big upgrade for me.

However these settings as they are with VDDG on auto I was freezing with these settings, upping the VDDG to 1.1v 'solved' it, but apparently that wasn't the right then to do.

Any chance I can get those settings for 3600 cl 16. Mine ctd on games.....

Permabanned
@Zeed

No luck either.

You must have crap IMC then r something If I done need mnore than 950. But then again i bet whole power section is on auto on yours system so god knows how volts are under load :D

Soldato
Any chance I can get those settings for 3600 cl 16. Mine ctd on games.....

I've already given you everything I use dude! You only have to go back and see what I posted.

It's pretty simple:

Ram: 3600MHz - 16 16 16 16 36 1T @ 1.35v
FCLK: 1800MHz
RAM volts: 1.35v
SOC: 1.1

---

Now for now I am leaving VDDG on auto as apparently 1.1v is too high. It was stable with VDDG at 1.1v but apparently I should have upped SOC rather than VDDG.

It could be a matter of setting the VDDG to 0.95v but for now auto and we see how it goes.

These settings WORK. As I have been gaming on it for the last 2 weeks whilst trying to find a faster speed.

Soldato
So, any further update on 3900X CPUs coming into stock?
Also I've seen chatter about T-topology and daisy chain for ram? What's the pros/cons of each type? Which is best for say 2x16Gb sticks?

Soldato
So, any further update on 3900X CPUs coming into stock?
Also I've seen chatter about T-topology and daisy chain for ram? What's the pros/cons of each type? Which is best for say 2x16Gb sticks?

for 2 sticks daisy chain, Zen2 has been optimised for it over T-top'. Daisy-chain gives higher speed for 2 sticks of ram, T-top' is better for 4 sticks but it'll be slightly slower than 2 sticks no matter what.

And for daisy-chain it's best to use the two slots furthest away from the CPU, the traces are timed for it.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
As I say, clean build and it's 1.5v

All latest drivers. I've not even got 7zip on yet. Bios up to date and cpuz is show 1.5v

Something is not happy somewhere.

It shouldn't be 1.5v doing absolutely nothing. It's normally around that when under light load.

So quick easy checks are;

On Windows 1903 build?
Latest 1.07.29.0115 chipset drivers
Ryzen power plan set to balanced (check to see if the minimum processor state is 99% and max 100%) - the power plan doesn't tend to kick in until about a minute after start up, so give it a bit before checking voltage.
Only time/volume/network/windows defender icons in taskbar on start up?
Check task manager process to see if anything is using CPU.

Back
Top Bottom