• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5700xt blower ... worth getting Accelero Extreme III

Associate

Apparently not, I think the one he's using is the III. That being said I've seen a video of someone using a IV and getting good results, I have the IV on my 1070, and from what I can see it wouldn't have the same problems as he had. So maybe a IV?

Associate
I actually don't think the blower is bad at all and it looks a lot nicer than the AIBs, I wouldn't do it personally I've had a positive experience with the reference cooler so far.

Soldato
I've got a morpheus II sitting here and a 5700XT which I bought together and intended to try the morpheus out on it. Seeing the results of fitting any aftermarket cooler to one of these is a complete waste of time, unless you're after lower temps and silence ONLY. These cards are pretty much maxed out as they are, undervolting helps with temps and boost clocks and hence, noise and the only worthwhile mod to do is the 4 washers under the mounting screws and thermal paste.

Associate
I've got a morpheus II sitting here and a 5700XT which I bought together and intended to try the morpheus out on it. Seeing the results of fitting any aftermarket cooler to one of these is a complete waste of time, unless you're after lower temps and silence ONLY. These cards are pretty much maxed out as they are, undervolting helps with temps and boost clocks and hence, noise and the only worthwhile mod to do is the 4 washers under the mounting screws and thermal paste.

I'll double check my numbers later when I get home but was messing around with SOTR benchmark all set to 1440p max settings TAA and got -

My card uc/uv down to 1800mhz/930mv core and 910 mem (slight oc) I get 70 fps, if I OC it to 2100mhz/1198mv core and 900 mem, +50% power limit, I get 75 fps.

Thats pretty huge core clock differences and the power draw is insanely higher to gain 5 fps and just for comparison sake I ran one benchmark at stock and it got 71 fps.

edit - as far as temps go, my two custom profiles have modified fan curves the uc/uv profile is completely silent around 70-72c. The OC is audible without headphones but with them not at all and temps are same 70-72c. Stock is silent but temps go in excess of 83c.

Soldato
Atm I've set mine to 1950mhz max clock @ 1100mv and set power slider to max and thats it. No custom fan curve or anything. All games rune real well, fan spins up a bit but its no where near as bad as a lot of people make out, I can hardly hear it.
I'm not too fussed about temps, as long as theres no damage to the card, then why worry, the things designed to run at those limits.
I reckon I'll have a go at the washer mod out of curiosity and/or maybe fit the morpheus purely 'cos its here and it seems a shame to waste it:)

Soldato
I've had an Accelero in the past on a 4870x2 ref card. My experience is if you're handy with DIY it might be worth a punt they're a good build quality better than most AIB's in my experience but fitting them can be tricky and its the VRM's, memory chips you need to be aware of they're often not all the same height so I had to reuse some thermal pads to double up under the sinks to prevent a gap between it and the top of the chip. So a case of "some assembly required".

Personally I'd probably wait for the AIB's unless you already own a card and want something cooler/quieter which it certainly was, once it was fitted I was very happy with it (the ref blower was either very hot or very noisy depending on whether you ramped up the fans or not)

Last edited:
Soldato
I've had an Accelero in the past on a 4870x2 ref card. My experience is if you're handy with DIY it might be worth a punt they're a good build quality better than most AIB's in my experience but fitting them can be tricky and its the VRM's, memory chips you need to be aware of they're often not all the same height so I had to reuse some thermal pads to double up under the sinks to prevent a gap between it and the top of the chip. So a case of "some assembly required".

Personally I'd probably wait for the AIB's unless you already own a card and want something cooler/quieter which it certainly was, once it was fitted I was very happy with it (the ref card was either very hot or very noisy depending on whether you ramped up the fans or not)

See thats me point, these cards aren't that noisy, in fact I'd go as far as to say they're quiet (then I am an old deaf git:) certainly no where as bad as say, the original blower 290/x cards, now THEY were noisy. Saying that, I had a sapphire pulse 580 8gb here a while back, and for a twin axial fan setup, it was a screamer! really had to work out a suitable fan curve and undervolt the thing.

Soldato
if its quiet, does the job of cooling, (albeit with an under volt) and keeps temps in check, why not?

Because it can't be quiet. Not without restricting the power of the card. Obviously noisiness is subjective in terms of what bothers each person, but what's not subjective is dbA readings, and those all show the blowers on the navi cards to be significantly noisier than the competition. (eg: https://youtu.be/IXJRDuJPzRU here you have 38 vs 46 dbA, which makes the 5700 XT 40% louder than the 2070S).

Soldato
Because it can't be quiet. Not without restricting the power of the card. Obviously noisiness is subjective in terms of what bothers each person, but what's not subjective is dbA readings, and those all show the blowers on the navi cards to be significantly noisier than the competition. (eg: https://youtu.be/IXJRDuJPzRU here you have 38 vs 46 dbA, which makes the 5700 XT 40% louder than the 2070S).

Do you have a 5700xt installed in your pc? I ask this, not to start a flame war, trolling or anything, but I cant see how people can make a decision based on what they've read on line, been told by others, etc. I can because I've got one and I'll say it again, its not loud at all (to me that is) and, like I said before, I've heard the really loud blowers in the past. The temps are well within limits of the card's usage especially if undervolted so I don't see any restriction of the card's power?

Back
Top Bottom