LG 38GL950G - 3840x1600/G-Sync/144Hz

Associate
Wohoo thanks for the Vid. This one is a big frikking wow. I would love that big IPS. This is the one I could switch out my PG279Q for. Super fast IPS with g-sync. To me thats g-sync Ultimate :D
Man what a beauty for a screen. The perfect size and high PPI. Hell yeah, give it me now please :D

Associate
HDR tech in monitors is not mature enough in my opinion, but I am interested to see if the Apple Pro Display XDR brings improvements with it's implementation of FALD. I would also like to see a manufacturer attempt a dual panel display like Hisense has in its new TVs.

Associate
The 38" LG and the current 34" LG "F" are the only contenders for me, I really don't know which to get for taking into consideration the limitation of DP1.4, can any-one help make my mind up?
If you could get a reasonable idea of how well your rig would be able to run either resolution, I'd make a decision off of that, and I would wait for tftcentral's review to see if there is significant improvement to response times. I'm hoping BlurBusters might do some camera tracking tests to give us a more real-world idea of performance.

Edit: If you do simracing and don't have/use VR that would sway me towards to 38.

Associate
There has only really been some tests of the 27GL850 which uses a similar panel to the 38 (just a different size and res) but doesn't have the benefits of the G-SYNC module in the 38. But Linus Tech Tips did do a motion tracking test between the 27 and the 34, which did see some improvements, but it wasn't very thorough.

Associate
HDR tech in monitors is not mature enough in my opinion, but I am interested to see if the Apple Pro Display XDR brings improvements with it's implementation of FALD. I would also like to see a manufacturer attempt a dual panel display like Hisense has in its new TVs.
XDR monitor implements dual LCD technology.

Associate
There has only really been some tests of the 27GL850 which uses a similar panel to the 38 (just a different size and res) but doesn't have the benefits of the G-SYNC module in the 38. But Linus Tech Tips did do a motion tracking test between the 27 and the 34, which did see some improvements, but it wasn't very thorough.

Linus shared some impression of the 38" model as well. Unfortunately, there was not much information about the monitor in this video.

Is there any other reviewer who could already put his hand on this model?

Associate
I don't see it on the product page, unless it's the layer on top of the leds?
You're right. The only spec that tells me it's a dual-layer LCD is a contrast ratio. But Vincent from HDTVTest in Sony BVM-HX310 review said that it's a dual-layer, as well.
I guess we will know soon enough.

Associate
Apple did an exploded view of their monitor. It is NOT dual layer. Regular LCD with FALD but using zone blockers between FALD zones like Samsung has done with their TV's.

As for this LG, I keep throwing money at my screen but nothing is happening!

Back
Top Bottom