Would you buy a Huawei

Soldato
Was there every any evidence of spying, was that not a hyped up cover story as the government were subsidising them. I would buy one probably.

Caporegime
I currently own a P20 Pro and would i buy another of theirs....

TBH probably not... That has changed from just a few weeks ago.
They are so bloody slow at releasing new updates.
Dunno what phone ill get next, in a few years or when i destroy this one, but ill deffo be looking at a company that does faster updates.

id probably look at a google phone.

Associate
I recently got the Redmi (Xiaomi) K20 Pro and flashed it with a stable rom from Xiaomi.eu- couldn't be happier

Not sure what Huawei's custom rom support is like though- none of their phones appealed to me when I was looking for a new one

For the most part Chinese market phones are fine though from what I've seen, if you're worried about spying then you shouldn't own any modern phone IMO

Soldato
Current P20 Pro is the best modern smartphone I've had. After being a Samsung fan for years until they shafted me with a warranty repair, I'm embarrassed that I didn't switch earlier!

Caporegime
Yes.
Was going to get the p30 pro
I didn't as the camera isnt good enough for the phone price

The spying stuff, not bothered. I kind of assume they all do it

Associate
Still yet to see any compelling evidence they are doing anything more invasive than Google, Amazon, Apple, Facebook or any other company who love data but that dangling sword of Google cutting their support totally loose would put me off.

Last I heard Google had given them an additional three months grace which would be expiring any moment now, has that changed?

Back
Top Bottom