Declining attitude to law and order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Been staying out of this thread really, but this is sickening:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-49289701

An 89-year-old woman raped and murdered in her own home was beaten to death, a court has heard.

Dorothy Woolmer's body was found in a bedroom at Waltheof Gardens, Tottenham, north London, on Sunday morning.

Reece Dempster, 22, has been charged with murder, rape, burglary, and two counts of sexual assault.

The Old Bailey heard Ms Woolmer's death was the result of "multiple blunt trauma injuries".

Mr Dempster, who appeared via video link from HMP Belmarsh, did not enter a plea during a short hearing.

_108255714_hi055754389.jpg

Man of Honour
I guess it was up to decade earlier in manchester than the rest of the country! late 80's/early 90's. If you know anyone who worked manchester then ask them! By the late 90's after the crack down (leah betts death etc) Everywhere seemed to get an influx of drunks back.

I'm genuinely interested in you asking, if you know anyone who was working the streets back then if they found it any different.

All the stats I have found suggest that MDMA use has been fairly flat since the early 90s. The difference being that use between 16-24 year olds is higher than the normal population. Did you happen to be in that age range in the early 80's/90's?

Soldato
All the stats I have found suggest that MDMA use has been fairly flat since the early 90s. The difference being that use between 16-24 year olds is higher than the normal population. Did you happen to be in that age range in the early 80's/90's?

Not in the 80's but in the 90's, yes. But I witnessed a whole range of people in the clubs who were taking E back then, all ages and types of people that I've never, ever seen the like of since, all getting along and having a really nice, happy and peaceful time. Almost nobody was drunk and nasty... they were drinking tea and water rather then propping up the bar. Which all changed after the crack down, and like said, the drunks came back into play and it wasn't very nice any more.

Last edited:
Capodecina
Soldato
Not in the 80's but in the 90's, yes. But I witnessed a whole range of people in the clubs who were taking E back then, all ages and types of people that I've never, ever seen the like of since, all getting along and having a really nice, happy and peaceful time. Almost nobody was drunk and nasty... they were drinking tea and water rather then propping up the bar. Which all changed after the crack down, and like said, the drunks came back into play and it wasn't very nice any more.
You must mix with / have mixed with some seriously weird people; have you ever thought of going to church?

All ages and types of people there, all getting along and having a really nice, happy, clappy and peaceful time, drinking tea and water - you would love it ;)

Soldato

MDMA is far better for you than drinking. It'll be next after marijuana to be destigmatised.

Capodecina
Soldato
MDMA is far better for you than drinking. . . .
Wikipedia said:
Adverse effects (of MDMA) include addiction, memory problems, paranoia, difficulty sleeping, teeth grinding, blurred vision, sweating, and a rapid heartbeat. Deaths have been reported due to increased body temperature and dehydration. Following use people often feel depressed and tired.
I think I'll stick to Real Ale, I may end up tired but I don't suffer depression - anyhow, thanks for caring ;)

Soldato
Complete control....

He doesn't look like he's taken MDMA. He looks like he's on a mix of meth, speed and possible some mdma thrown in. Loads of people confuse them, even people taking it. In the 90's most ecstasy pills contained more speed than mdma because it's far cheaper and people didn't have a reference point. Now thanks to the Darknet and pill testing facilities it's a very different world.

Soldato
There was a whole culture of love back in the 90s with the dance/rave scene taking off. Apart from the general anti-Tory comments, nobody really talked politics. The dance/rave scene itself was seen as a rebellion against the establishment and most people were singing from the same pages.

There was recently a documentary called Everybody in the place, on bbc4.. I caught a little of it before I went to sleep.. but it said something like, millions of youth dancing to the beats while this drug ecstasy opened their minds, released dopemine and increased the love.

I never took any drugs back then. But I could see and experience the harmony in people. Not like today with cheap booze and people racing to get so drunk they don't care if they compromise themselves.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
He doesn't look like he's taken MDMA. He looks like he's on a mix of meth, speed and possible some mdma thrown in. Loads of people confuse them, even people taking it. In the 90's most ecstasy pills contained more speed than mdma because it's far cheaper and people didn't have a reference point. Now thanks to the Darknet and pill testing facilities it's a very different world.
I suspected. This wasn't the video I was after but couldn't find the one of the gurning lady in the park that I intended.

Associate
I grew up in 90's rave/drug culture and know tons of people who smashed MDMA for decades and they are in far better shape than the people I know who went in heavy on the booze. That's not to say going in heavy on MDMA is a good thing, clearly it's not :p

People on MDMA are generally far more pleasant to be around than pissheads though, plus you have the added bonus of watching them hilariously trying and failing to keep their jaw under control.

edit:

may as well post this classic video

The guy at the start looking like a straight up deviant is amusing but the guy at about 2:08 is a god amongst men. You can only admire the way he lets his jaw run free from the shackles of judgment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom