Would you buy a Huawei

Associate
Considering both Google and Apple are happy to harvest your data and sell it to the lowest bidder, I would have no issues buying a Huawei.

In fact I'd prefer it too Google who is probably right now trying to get me to consume soy milk and change my gender through subliminal messages.

Now whether id be happy with them running the comms infrastructure of the government is another story.

Soldato
Wouldn't stop me - I have one of their tablets, and it's the best android tablet I've used!

If they want my browsing history etc, go for it. Googles already got everything anyway

Soldato
oh yes (night mode ,its dark in here)

IMG-20190809-204939.jpg

Soldato
Yes. I got my P30 Pro a week before all this nonsense kicked off between our global overlords.......err.....I mean the USA and China. At the height of the speculation I commented that this was all much ado about nothing and would all blow over once Trump got bored and moved onto his next rant. Oh and look, it has done. :rolleyes::cool:

The handsets are stunning and quite frankly offer much better performance than any current Apple phones can even come close to.

So yes, I have bought one and I’d buy another. :)

Soldato
I have a Mate 20 X ... Pretty reasonable (if huge) and the last update I received for it was the July 2019 security update so that's fine.

Only thing against it is that it's heavy (but at 7.2" that's not surprising). I would have one again but when I'm in the market for another phone I'll be looking at other brands too.

Soldato
Huawei haven't actually done anything wrong yet, its just that the potential is built into the phones.
The same thing is built into a number of other phones, but they aren't chinese so nobody cares.

Soldato
I've got an Honor 8 Pro, it's still being updated 2 and a half years later (although for a while the updates were few and far between) so I'm pretty happy. I think if I was buying another I'd do my due diligence into their relationship with Google first but that seems like it has - or will be - sorted out.

No concerns regarding my privacy or data, no more than I'd have on any other Android device anyway.

Back
Top Bottom