** NEW LG MONITORS - INCLUDING 2 EXCLUSIVE TO OCUK!!! **

Soldato
It would help if you stated model numbers. :) Although shots taken from directly in front of the monitor aren't really comparable to the shot of the LG from a sharp angle and very close proximity. I over-simplified by stating "low exposure", by the way. Various other settings such as aperture and ISO are just as important. You have no idea what camera settings were used for the shot, have no idea what brightness the monitor was set to and you're looking at an image of the monitor from an obscure angle that's far from a "normal viewing position". You've also got another user of the monitor (VitaminD3) stating they don't see anything like that when he observes the monitor first hand. The photo is not a useful indication of how the monitor will actually look to people using it from a normal viewing position and using their own eyes, leading people to jump to ridiculous conclusions over nothing.

Last edited:
Associate
I'd agree that the above is not acceptable if it truly is a realistic representation of what their monitor looks like, but I can only speak for the one I received.

Associate
I took some more pictures at different brightnesses, I would say it looks slightly better in real life but not by much and to me it was noticeable when watching a movie at 60% brightness, especially given how dark the right side is.

Man of Honour
. This is precisely why I don't trust review places like TFT Central, they think 120 cd/m² is normal monitor usage which it's not, it's far far too dim for the majority of users. So, of course, such reviewers say that their panels exhibited no real glow or bleed because they have essentially dimmed the monitors right down to an extremely low brightness level.

Everyone is of course going to have different ambient light conditions, viewing preferences and content requirements, but 120 cd/m2 is the normal and recommenced luminance for an LCD monitor in normal daylight conditions. More dimly lit rooms may even require lower. Either way, the off angle IPS glow on dark content doesn’t vary that much apart from if you were comparing really major top end and low end adjustments.

You don’t have to consider the photos we provide if you don’t want to for off angle glow, and for head on backLight bleed checks, but I can tell you that they are far more reliable, consistent and repeatable than most photos you see on forums where it’s impossible to know the conditions, camera settings, exposure and the likes.

Ps I never said the photo in question was acceptable in terms of glow, I merely queried why it was taken from a strange angle and in weird conditions and pointed out that it doesn’t really confirm much other than it’s a fairly typical IPS behaviour. I’d need to see more accurate representation of what it looks like in real life, as the user already said he was struggling to get a realistic representation

Associate
It would help if you stated model numbers. :) Although shots taken from directly in front of the monitor aren't really comparable to the shot of the LG from a sharp angle and very close proximity. I over-simplified by stating "low exposure", by the way. Various other settings such as aperture and ISO are just as important. You have no idea what camera settings were used for the shot, have no idea what brightness the monitor was set to and you're looking at an image of the monitor from an obscure angle that's far from a "normal viewing position". You've also got another user of the monitor (VitaminD3) stating they don't see anything like that when he observes the monitor first hand. The photo is not a useful indication of how the monitor will actually look to people using it from a normal viewing position and using their own eyes, leading people to jump to ridiculous conclusions over nothing.

I disagree, on an all black screen maybe you would have a point but his was not an all-black screen period also I wasnt comparing to his if you go back and check I was comparing to other panels I have used. Also to add he updated with more pictures facing head on and it exhibits the same glow, ips glow disappears as you change the angle that bottom left side of his panel remained the same head-on and off-angle.
nah they can't do that, rma is free

Cost me €30 to rma to ocuk before

Last edited:
Associate
Can't say I've notived any lightbleed on my model. (Used a lightbleed test on Youtube).

U1SeNjb.jpg
U1SeNjb.jpg

bnn3HUe.jpg

NnZaUw5.jpg

H0eTELN.jpg

Soldato
I disagree, on an all black screen maybe you would have a point but his was not an all-black screen period also I wasnt comparing to his if you go back and check I was comparing to other panels I have used. Also to add he updated with more pictures facing head on and it exhibits the same glow, ips glow disappears as you change the angle that bottom left side of his panel remained the same head-on and off-angle.

The screen content was dark enough and depending on camera settings it would absolutely be sufficient for a bloom of IPS glow to be captured. The head-on photos are 'interesting' but; is he also capturing some backlight bleed? @PANTH3R, if possible could you please take a picture from further back (2m) from a completely central position for comparison? This will eliminate 'IPS glow' and any backlight bleed or clouding issues would remain. It's possible your unit has some uniformity issues that would bring out 'IPS glow' in a more obvious way. Because if you've got a unit with such uniformity issues, that's when a replacement could be useful for you.

Associate
The screen content was dark enough and depending on camera settings it would absolutely be sufficient for a bloom of IPS glow to be captured. The head-on photos are 'interesting' but; is he also capturing some backlight bleed? @PANTH3R, if possible could you please take a picture from further back (2m) from a completely central position for comparison? This will eliminate 'IPS glow' and any backlight bleed or clouding issues would remain. It's possible your unit has some uniformity issues that would bring out 'IPS glow' in a more obvious way. Because if you've got a unit with such uniformity issues, that's when a replacement could be useful for you.

Got a picture here, it's reasonably close with there being more backlight bleed in the top left corner, the main difference between real life and the image is that the picture is more black rather than blue, although it does shift to a slighty blue colour where the blb is.

Associate
To me it looks like an LG ips panel, no backlight bleed either it’s rather good tbh. It all depends on how much you care about the severity of ips glow which doesn’t even look that bad on that panel.

Soldato
Thanks @PANTH3R . To me it looks like a reasonably low level of backlight bleed and fairly normal 'IPS glow' that was exaggerated by the camera (and especially accentuated in the first image due to proximity and angle).

Last edited:
Associate
I did experience more IPS glow initially, but after setting the monitor back a little bit and adjusting the angle it remedied most of it. @PANTH3R If it's still distracting trying adjusting your set up and see if you can find some improvement.

Soldato
Got a picture here, it's reasonably close with there being more backlight bleed in the top left corner, the main difference between real life and the image is that the picture is more black rather than blue, although it does shift to a slighty blue colour where the blb is.

Looks like a typical IPS which often has glow in bottom left like on your pic, looks a decent panel to me. People expecting no glow need to dial back their expectations imo.

Caporegime
Out of curiosity @NikTheSHNIK , how many of the 27GL850s have been pre-ordered, and if I were to pre-order could I expect one in the next tranche (that looks like September)? I'm very close to buying a monitor in this sort of price range and this looks very interesting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom