Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [9th - 11th August 2019]

Don
Weird game. Didn't start well but quickly found ourselves 2-0 up. From 20 to 65 minutes we played a lot better and probably should have had a couple more goals then we got a bit complacent towards the end. Bit of a concern with Alisson's injury - sounds like it's a muscle injury so hopefully won't be too long term.

Caporegime
Weird game. Didn't start well but quickly found ourselves 2-0 up. From 20 to 65 minutes we played a lot better and probably should have had a couple more goals then we got a bit complacent towards the end. Bit of a concern with Alisson's injury - sounds like it's a muscle injury so hopefully won't be too long term.
Good backup though. I’ve always rated Adrian. Norwich’s goal wasn’t his fault, most keepers wouldn’t have got to it, just a pure strikers finish. Didn’t even need to look where the far corner was, all instinct.

I’d like a decent backup keeper. I don’t think Martinez is really up to it.

Associate
Just seen the BBC Sport article that seems to suggest that Liverpool played at their very best and Norwich were brushed aside, did I watch the wrong game or did they only watch the highlights? I only saw the first 30 minutes before I had to go out but in that first half hour I thought Norwich looked good and arguably had both more, and better, chances than Liverpool. The difference being that Norwich kept wasting chances whereas everytime the ball ended up in the Norwich box it went in the net.

Even at 2-0 up Klopp seemed absolutely livid that Norwich kept cutting through Liverpool and creating chances. That scoreline definitely didn't reflect that Liverpool defensively were poor, Norwich's finishing was just even poorer. I hope for the sake of the Premier League that Liverpool sharpen up defensively because more clinical teams will tear them apart.

Still absolutely raging about Liverpool's third goal though. Who is arguably Liverpool's biggest aerial threats at corners? Van Dijk. So why is one of our young full backs marking him? Van Dijk didn't need to move or jostle because in terms of strength it was a man against a boy. Complete mis-match allowing an easy header. The only things Grant Hanley is good for is that he's strong and good in the air so why he isn't marking Van Dijk I will literally never know.

Permabanned
Personally I thought Norwich made a few good chances in the first half and possibly deserved a goal. Other than 4 goals Liverpool were often pretty poor. Each of the goals were quite lucky or poor defending and it was far from our best. Some of the defensive lapses were worrying.

Caporegime
Here is lies the problem with VAR and offside which will probably change in the next couple of years.

His shoulder being 1mm offside had no effect on how that played out, it had no effect on any defenders positioning, nor Jesus' position.

Caporegime
Decisions like that make VAR a joke, I thought it was only meant to overturn obvious errors? if it's as close as that it should be left to onfield decision rather than using computer generated lines from dodgy camera angles.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Here is lies the problem with VAR and offside which will probably change in the next couple of years.

His shoulder being 1mm offside had no effect on how that played out, it had no effect on any defenders positioning, nor Jesus' position.

Yes but how to you re-word that to a clear rule? It's fine how it is, it's clear.

Caporegime
My god, the absolute whingefest that's going on in the bluemoon forums is pathetically embarrassing.

"This is my last season, not renewing my ticket"

"That would be given if it was the dippers"

"This is the death of football"

"Sick of this agenda against our club every week"

and my favourite

"I just feel empty , the joy has been taken out of the game"

I bet it wont be the death of football when one goes for them.

Man of Honour
Decisions like that make VAR a joke, I thought it was only meant to overturn obvious errors? if it's as close as that it should be left to onfield decision rather than using computer generated lines from dodgy camera angles.

Nope, the clear and obvious thing only applies to subjective decisions.

Offside, the ball going out of play, etc. are all factual, you're either offside or not. Not VARs fault, the rules need changing.

Don
It's only for obvious errors when it is a subjective decision. Offside is a matter of fact, you're either offside or onside and as such the clear and obvious thing doesn't apply.

Back
Top Bottom