Most games look "muddy"

Soldato
Have you played any other games and do that look like that? :)

Also Willhub i can see the muddyness of the image, You can see it is quite pixelated and there are awful banding lines visable? You do see the rays of banding right? Personally this is exactly what i see below 4k so yea this is why i refuse to move from 4k downsampled.

I mean..really? Go see an optician. But seriously, if you see that type of noise with the naked eye then something is very very wrong. You being a cyborg would be one explanation.

Soldato
It is only 93.1ppi versus 108.79ppi? Thats the reality of 1080p 23.5inch versus 1440p 27 inch hardly noticeable you would have to squint for the 16ppi extra. As for 32inch being as sharp you are correct 91ppi on the 32inch is about as sharp. But for twice the price?

What happens when you play a game with no MSAA? You lose the downsampling ability, You game with TAA? SMAA? Because these are all awful options if this happens to me i simply refuse to play it looks THAT BAD. And no games like the Witcher come with MSAA so 1440p would look ghastly compared to my 24inch. There would not even be a contest.

Also Willhub i can see the muddyness of the image, You can see it is quite pixelated and there are awful banding lines visable? You do see the rays of banding right? Personally this is exactly what i see below 4k so yea this is why i refuse to move from 4k downsampled. I see none of the above i only see a picture type image with near perfect clarity.

I mean.. you're not wrong.. 27" 1440p is noticably sharper than 32" even comparing the absolute garbage 27" 1440p TN screen i tried before getting this BL3200PT.. i am perhaps not the best judge - too forgiving, because i've been gaming since the mid-late 80s which means Grandstand Machine, BBC, Acorn, Amstrad, Spectrum, Commodore, Amiga. and so on.. it all looks ****ing great to me these days.. like unless you've spent hours with your nose glued to a 14" portable TV playing N.O.M.A.D or Gauntlet on the speccy....

People like 1440p because it is a noticable improvement over 1080p, and most people do not have a system that can run games at 4k60+, nor do they have the money to buy a graphics card that can do it either.

^ This :D This is why for the next... ooh, 7 or so years? something like that, i'm targetting 1440p 144hz. Until 4k 144 can be run by a POS gpu.

FPS>*

Permabanned
I mean.. you're not wrong.. 27" 1440p is noticably sharper than 32" even comparing the absolute garbage 27" 1440p TN screen i tried before getting this BL3200PT.. i am perhaps not the best judge - too forgiving, because i've been gaming since the mid-late 80s which means Grandstand Machine, BBC, Acorn, Amstrad, Spectrum, Commodore, Amiga. and so on.. it all looks ****ing great to me these days.. like unless you've spent hours with your nose glued to a 14" portable TV playing N.O.M.A.D or Gauntlet on the speccy....

^ This :D This is why for the next... ooh, 7 or so years? something like that, i'm targetting 1440p 144hz. Until 4k 144 can be run by a POS gpu.

FPS>*

In honesty i grew up with a Diamontron 930sb and Trinitron CRT when they got phased out all this trouble started. That was 20 years ago i remember though i never once had issues until i met backlight LCD screens be it VA or IPS it looks grainy and you can drive a bus through the gaps in the pixels.

I am not a cyborg i just was spoiled the real future tech to look out for is ELMB Sync on 4k or 1080p at 144hz pref 165hz plus. But i honestly think the image he took my photo was quite poor comoared to my Eizo FG2421 in 4k mode it is still kicking butt it has a true 5k contrast ratio and 240hz motion. So maybe there will be 4k 144hz ELMB VA soon. That would be like OLED.

Also i wonder does Willhub have Nvidia setup correctly for max image quality. I did a post on this mate if you look having HQ mode and AF on is key. And getting all the post process stuff and any DLSS or AA off is important too. Then try a second time.

Soldato
I think you missed the the point there on the cyborg comment. The moire pattern you said you see in real life isn't a thing in real life. Its caused by the camera, you can only see it in the images captured by the camera. It's not possible for you to see that.

V F

V F

Soldato
In honesty i grew up with a Diamontron 930sb and Trinitron CRT when they got phased out all this trouble started. That was 20 years ago i remember though i never once had issues until i met backlight LCD screens be it VA or IPS it looks grainy and you can drive a bus through the gaps in the pixels.

It's a shame I've forgotten what the days of CRT was like. Closest thing that somewhat still resembles that feeling is the Panasonic Plasma in the other room. Let alone the days of degauss.

Back
Top Bottom