Hell Let Loose...Company Of Hero's, meets FPS

Man of Honour
The lack of communication is definitely a problem, not really the fault of the game though, if players arent communicating that the players fault rather than the games. I'd like to see the cooldown on respawning being higher so that more people are inclined to wait for the medic revive.

I put it down to Squad having a userbase which has been more honed over time, whereas Hell Let Loose hasnt had that time yet. Also HLL seems to be much more of a bridge between the arcadey shooters like Battlefield etc and the more Milsim games like Squad and Arma..thus I think it attracts more of the "non hardcore" players who arent necessarily used to communicating as much in a shooter or using as much teamwork.

Btw, I think its a very good thing for it to aim to be a bridging title so they should continue that route. There isnt really many titles at all which sit between the likes of Battlefield and the Milsim titles and going from Battlefield/CoD to Squad/Arma is a big change for a lot of players and probably puts many of them off, so a bridging title might help to increase the overall userbase size of the non-arcadey shooters.

Man of Honour
Voice comms are bugged are they not? Or at least they were.

There is an issue with the voice comms, but it only affects some people and only on some servers. For example, my voice comms works on the RIP server but doesnt work on the Tactical Realism UK server, whereas my missus voice comms works on both.

Soldato
Been playing this for a little under a week and i love it! Don't usually use headsets but purposely went out to buy one just for this so i can use comms! Its so much more immersive this way!

Soldato
This is really good. You will die a lot (it's realistic damage so one shot kill to chest etc with rifles) and it'll take you a while to slowly start to figure things out. I've done about 12 hours and still scratching the surface in terms of understanding every element of the games. But there's always helpful people on voice comms to guide you. Could use a few more servers...i often end up on US servers and my ping is about 150 but it's perfectly playable.

Seems like the dev team are very commited to updates and improvements so this could morph into something truly spectacular hopefully.

Soldato
Just try to avoid squads/games that contain Russians. Nearly every game we've had recently it was Russians ruining it by either taking squad leader positions and then doing nothing, just going AFK and sitting at spawn or choosing to armour and then getting into tanks and just going on team-killing rampages.

Man of Honour
Yes I have Squad I'm need my WW2 fix BFV didn't cut it for me and RO2 is showing it age.

Thats the reason I dont play squad, I have no interest in modern warfare. WW2 is where its at :) , played PS, didnt like it, didnt like the water drinking, didnt like the empty buildings which are soulless and just look like they are placeholders. Of the 3, HLL, despite its issues, is my favourite.

Soldato
Played two-three hours so far, cracking game really enjoy it. Good pace and just the right amount of realism / arcade imo. It can only get better, hope they pull some optimisation out the bag soon though.

Soldato
Been playing a good few hours yesterday and found a few really good squads! Mix of Americans, British and middle east! What a blast it was, everyone was using comms and it just made the game so much more immersive for me.

If anyone wants to squad up add me on steam: Easy28thPara

Soldato
Been playing a good few hours yesterday and found a few really good squads! Mix of Americans, British and middle east! What a blast it was, everyone was using comms and it just made the game so much more immersive for me.

If anyone wants to squad up add me on steam: Easy28thPara

Yea ill play few games later tonight if you want

Soldato
Need to give this more of a go. It feels a lot like Red Orchestra when I first played it, which isn't a bad thing, I enjoyed those games. Its just that there is quite a steep learning curve, particularly with knowing the maps before you get any good at it. Can be a little frustrating just waiting around to spawn all the time though, as is typically the case with these games. I think it works a little better in RO2 because the maps aren't quite so enormous compared to this. There can be a lot of running around just to get shot from somebody you will never see.

Man of Honour
Need to give this more of a go. It feels a lot like Red Orchestra when I first played it, which isn't a bad thing, I enjoyed those games. Its just that there is quite a steep learning curve, particularly with knowing the maps before you get any good at it. Can be a little frustrating just waiting around to spawn all the time though, as is typically the case with these games. I think it works a little better in RO2 because the maps aren't quite so enormous compared to this. There can be a lot of running around just to get shot from somebody you will never see.

If the squad leaders, support and commanders are doing their jobs properly by placing plenty of outpost spawn points and garrison spawn points, in the right positions, then you should never need to run too far. Unfortunately that learning curve you mention means that most people run and gun like its Battlefield or CoD rather than adapt and play with proper teamwork and in the proper way. Hell, there are still a HUGE number of people who think that you have to get into the circle to cap a point (mostly due to other games having it so that you have to get into the "circle"), which results in people running into the circles and being all bunched up and easy to kill en masse, instead of capping the point while remaining outside of the circle.

Back
Top Bottom