Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [9th - 11th August 2019]

Associate
In what way? this is a ******* awful Newcastle side.

Did you look at the lineup?

3pts on the road and clean sheet in the Premier League with two of the back five playing (and two playing who aren't even the first-choice backups in their position) and a nigh-on full backup midfield.

Soldato
Considering the line up, that's a good 3 points, Sounded like Pepe had a quite game when he came on, but I think he's preferred position is right side, he played on the left i believe. can't really judge any player though considering its the first game of the season.

Nice seeing Nelson and Willock get starts, It will be good seeing them get the odd game when the team is at full strength.

fez

fez

Caporegime
That it isnt a perticularly good Arsenal side...

3pts on the road and clean sheet in the Premier League with two of the back five playing (and two playing who aren't even the first-choice backups in their position) and a nigh-on full backup midfield.

Newcastle have a largely rubbish side and were dire for most of the game and it could easily have been a battering if Arsenal were on their game. Put it this way, if Arsenal didn't win that would you have been OK with that saying "well, we played well and we were against a good side etc" or would you have been slating the team.

If that is the best Newcastle have got then they are heading for a relegation battle.

Soldato
Newcastle are a joke.

The fans are a joke at the minute and I am a fan and I do live in Newcastle.

All this talk of right this is a final straw let’s reallt make a stand all this takeover talk Rafa walking away and it’s a case of just cracking on now we get a couple of players in.

Nothing has changed. 4000 didn’t turn up after all this big talk during the pre season. Total embarrassment of a protest. Nothing will change with this club. More years of battling off relegation with an occasional 10th finish.

Today didn’t make a difference to me even if we won. Going on a crazy 10 game unbeaten run won’t paper over the cracks of the last decade for me so not sure what all these other fans are doing. Either stick with a plan to boycott or just carry on head in sand.

Soldato
Considering the line up, that's a good 3 points, Sounded like Pepe had a quite game when he came on, but I think he's preferred position is right side, he played on the left i believe. can't really judge any player though considering its the first game of the season.

Nice seeing Nelson and Willock get starts, It will be good seeing them get the odd game when the team is at full strength.

There was one point he got himself into an excellent position to be put through but Xhaka didn't look up and played a short pass instead. Otherwise he wasn't really involved much, didn't get any opportunities to run at people and the game had petered out... hopefully with a better line-up, especially in the middle where there was zero creativity today, he can get a better supply and show what he can do.

Soldato
Looking forward to this game, will be interesting to see how it goes. Can’t see many goals though!
But can see Maguire and Wan Bissaka making a good start:)

Also, 9 months of that new Sky Sports jingle is going to make me commit murder.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Thats the worst Chelsea team I have seen in a very long time on paper but lets be honest, we are perfectly capable of getting beaten so fingers crossed we will manage to get a win. Can't imagine a better time to be facing Chelsea this season.

Caporegime

When I saw the lineup I wasn’t too optimistic we would get a win but thankfully mr golden boot winner Auba put that right. Wasn’t a great game by the sounds of it but to be expected when you haven’t got the strongest side out.

Back
Top Bottom