**** The Official OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro Thread ****

Soldato
Swapped my S10+ for a 7 Pro. Don't regret it at all.

What prompted you to swap and what is it you prefer about the 7 Pro? I’ve looked at both and while the moment to buy either has probably gone by, I might still be lured in if the right offer came up. Not that the 7 Pro ever drops in price since it’s not carried by any resellers.

Soldato
What prompted you to swap and what is it you prefer about the 7 Pro? I’ve looked at both and while the moment to buy either has probably gone by, I might still be lured in if the right offer came up. Not that the 7 Pro ever drops in price since it’s not carried by any resellers.

Performance and battery life.

I had the exynos version and both were very poor in comparison. Usually get at least 2 more hours of SOT on the 7 Pro.

Soldato
After discovering that the Note 9 has worse Bluetooth than the Note 8 to a degree that it is noticeable and bugs the hell out of me, I started looking to see what the competition offered.

The OP7 looked like *the* phone but their constant aversion of wireless charging is killing me.

Soldato
Well - just to update you in case anyone is interested.....

My OP7 pro is still missing.....

9th July - sent off for repair
10th July - received and spare parts ordered (no CTDI don't appear to carry stock)
30th July - parts arrive
31st July - phone shipped back to me
31st July - UPS lose the phone tracking last shows it arriving at a UPS centre in europe
2nd August - I contact CTDI, they register a case with UPS
6th August - UPS start investigation
19th August - UPS still can't find it..... Can take up to 10 working days (up to 21st August)

In short, I have the phone for 3 weeks and the screen breaks - I've now been without it for twice as long as I had it for :(

At least if UPS have lost it I get a new phone from OnePlus - but how long will that take????

Associate
Well - just to update you in case anyone is interested.....

My OP7 pro is still missing.....

10th July - received and spare parts ordered (no CTDI don't appear to carry stock)
30th July - parts arrive
31st July - UPS lose the phone tracking last shows it arriving at a UPS centre in europe
19th August - UPS still can't find it..... Can take up to 10 working days (up to 21st August)

In short, I have the phone for 3 weeks and the screen breaks - I've now been without it for twice as long as I had it for :(

At least if UPS have lost it I get a new phone from OnePlus - but how long will that take????

Wow..that really is the mother of all delivery **** ups. Having been on the end of a UPS delivery fail, all I can is hang in there (which is what you've been doing!) and hope that it's gone for good so OP issue a new one to you.

If OnePlus ship a replacement that usually takes 3-4 days using priority shipping.

I have to say it was the one thing that worried me about buying an OP phone back in 2016 when I purchased the OP3. Sure enough 3-4 months into ownership it stopped charging and I had to use their 'repair service'. The turn around was fairly decent, was without it for just over a week, but when I got it back, top of the metal surround had a screwdriver type of 'dink' in it.

I should've sent it back but there was a thread on the OP forums at the time about missing phones, so I put a case on it and sucked it up.

This time I went through John Lewis, hopefully it'll behave, if it doesn't I have a store 10 mins from me.

Fingers crossed you have resolution soon!

Associate
Looking at buying this handset on Eglobalcentral. Has anyone had any experience purchasing from them? From what i can see the reviews on trustpilot are awful.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Never bought anything myself but followed a few threads on hotukdeals and everyone seems to get their phones you just don't get any aftercare and check if you get any warranty.

Soldato
Looking at buying this handset on Eglobalcentral. Has anyone had any experience purchasing from them? From what i can see the reviews on trustpilot are awful.

After purchasing except no communication, takes up 2 weeks to deliver, they send to the uk first and then ship to you so no duty to pay.

Warranty is with them direct so you will have to post back to HK but you do pay a lot less for the handset which offsets this hassle.

Make sure you pay by credit card or PayPal as you have some comeback if item goes missing etc.

I ordered an S10+ from there, used PayPal Credit to be safe and all was ok, took 13 days to arrive.

Soldato
YAY !!!!

My phone is back (and safely in its Nilkin case)!

Just to complete the sage.....

30th July - parts arrive

UPDATES

21st August - UPS find it !!!!! Where has it been ?
27th August - UPS are good enough to give it a new tracking number and send to my home address
28th August - UPS tracking says they can't deliver it as the address is wrong - they are trying to send it to my email address - somehow my email has become the first line of the address
28th August - I phone UPS and update the address AND tell them NOT TO DELIVER until the 2nd September as I am away
29th August - Phone gets delivered and LEFT IN THE RECYCLING BOX OUTSIDE MY HOUSE as "Driver release"
29th August - I ask a neighbour to collect it from the box
31st August - I FINALLY GET THE PHONE

To be fair to CTDI they did a great job repairing the screen - the phone is as god as new. UPS what a crock of rubbish.......

It has all served to remind me how lovely the phone is especially after using a £135 phone for the last 3 months - the Moto G6 is an amazing phone for the money, but is soooo slow compared to the 7 pro.

Associate
After purchasing except no communication, takes up 2 weeks to deliver, they send to the uk first and then ship to you so no duty to pay.

Warranty is with them direct so you will have to post back to HK but you do pay a lot less for the handset which offsets this hassle.

Make sure you pay by credit card or PayPal as you have some comeback if item goes missing etc.

I ordered an S10+ from there, used PayPal Credit to be safe and all was ok, took 13 days to arrive.

Good to know thanks. I ended up buying it off Wonda. Was a only a few quid more, however i have piece of mind.

Back
Top Bottom