Apologising to someone 20 years later

Permabanned
Whats her name ill pop in a tell her your sorry for what you done a few years back as I am in the same town :p
She’s probably forgotten which will make his apology even sweeter. Do it :D

Even better! :D We NEED pictures! Give us all some pics OP. Dare you! Take a rose with you as well to say sorry and record it. (with her permission of course)

Caporegime
I am not saying she has ended up working in a supermarket because of me, as if by the way that is itself is somehow some giant unjust thing to happen. Nothing wrong with it at all so why that would be an issue I don't know.

I wasn't talking about the supermarket for the record. You said she went a bit cray at the time.

Caporegime
you were 15. i doubt she even remembers.
Lots of people with early-onset dementia in this thread :p

You/I/she probably does remember stuff from that time if it had a significant emotional impact.

Sure you don't remember what you had for lunch when you were 15, but there will be lots of incidents that stay with you, and likely will for the rest of your non-senile life.

V F

V F

Soldato
Lots of people with early-onset dementia in this thread :p

You/I/she probably does remember stuff from that time if it had a significant emotional impact.

Sure you don't remember what you had for lunch when you were 15, but there will be lots of incidents that stay with you, and likely will for the rest of your non-senile life.

Nah, people who dwell on trivial stuff. :p

Soldato
Hey all,
Recently I was at a local supermarket and I am certain I see someone working there that I went to secondary school with. We we were together for around a year when we were 15. I am now 34.

I treated her kind of crappy and broke up with her. She spiralled a little bit and it was a little messy.

I haven't seen or spoken to her since school, she wasn't on Facebook at any point I was etc..

Would it be weird/awkward and unnecessary to apologise for being how I behaved in school?
Is it best left unsaid and just write it off as being kids?

It does bug me a little that I did it to her but in apologising am I just trying to make myself feel better for something she probably doesn't care about?

What would you do?

Just leave it. Picking at that old scab in this day and age could lead to you being #metoo'd

Soldato
I think apologising is a good idea but I'd test the water first. Say hello and see if she recognises you, if she seems ok then simply say what you said in your opening post, it will only take 15 seconds.

How she handles it is up to her but at least you acknowledged your bad behaviour towards her.

Man of Honour
What's that movie with Adam Sandler where he apologies to Steve Buschemi and gets taken off his hit list? Maybe that will happen.

Billy Maddison

29ff9lz.jpg

Man of Honour
I say do it. Why not! Get it off your chest and it’s done. Feeling a plonker about it afterwards at least allows you to move on.

Back
Top Bottom