• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
Finally stable at 3600 cl 16 15 15 15 32 56.
4.3ghz all core overclock at 1.365v
High perf mode llc core and vrm.

Will be redoing my water cooling loop as it hits 87.c at full load, don't know if that's right or not, but for 2 radiators custom loop without gpu, feel it's too high

@opethdisciple I got weird mouse lag today fixed by upping the vcore very slightly and the soc voltage 1.1 - to 1.125v I think

Associate
87 in what? I just did my loop today and changed block. I get 75c on CB R20. Gaming about 50 - 55c.

Did a quick test in encoding and got to about 63.

Again with 2 360 rads and. 2080ti.

Soldato
I trully lost hope in some people posting here. It's like bashing face against the wall. You know the SOME PEOPLE will never learn thing..

It's sort of why i just don't bother to post here much at all now Zeed. Most peeps just don't actually read posts properly even if they are given clear pointers. Gave up long ago telling peeps how to clock ram, because there will always be a 12 year old along to tell them better because some ytuber has shown them an easy way.

Soldato
I trully lost hope in some people posting here. It's like bashing face against the wall. You know the SOME PEOPLE will never learn thing..
It's sort of why i just don't bother to post here much at all now Zeed. Most peeps just don't actually read posts properly even if they are given clear pointers. Gave up long ago telling peeps how to clock ram, because there will always be a 12 year old along to tell them better because some ytuber has shown them an easy way.

He just missed something in plain sight. We all do it.

Still, with those ^^ comments, it must be really bright up there...blinding, like the sun!

Associate
I loaded my rams profile as you showed. Get 16 15 15 15 30 (8pack 4000mhz + 3800x) but on the advanced tab my chip quality is 93% and overclocking potential is 3674 at CL14.

Used DRAM calc to try and load up CL14 in the past, will boot but it is not stable. Do you think it would be possible to get 3600 cl14 on my memory?

Caporegime
Load up Taiphoon

>Click Read (at top)
>Click Read SPD (on any of the list that shows up)
>Click Report (at top)
>Scroll to bottom of report
>Click "show delays in nanoseconds"
>Click Export (at top)
>Click Complete HTML Report
>Save the file

Open DRAM Calculator

>Click Import XMP and choose the file you just saved
> In drop down lists choose the Processor version you want (i.e. Ryzen 2 gen for the 3000 series CPU's), Memory Type you have (i.e. B-die), Memory Rank, Frequency you are wanting to achieve and the amount of DIMMS, and which motherboard chipset you are using.
>Choose either safe or fast preset
>Click Advanced tab and near the bottom left it will tell you your IC quality and what it thinks is the best Frequency you will get

I don't think it's working correctly, its still telling me the same...

MfXexks.jpg.png

6u2if1b.jpg.png

Soldato
Do you whack all the settings in one go?

I just focused on getting the main ones first, I left the sub timings alone until i'd got the main ones locked down and semi stable (400% HCI)

In fact I pretty much enabled the XMP on my sticks (3200Mhz cl16 b-die), upped the DRAM voltage to what the calc said (be careful with what you set in bios and what it actually sends to the RAM as mine overvolts by about 0.03) upped the frequency first to 3600Mhz (left timings on default XMP)

Tested that first, then went in and changed primary timings, tested, went back, only changed the values that the default XMP changes first, tested, etc etc.

Mine will pretty much only do "safe" preset timings at 3600Mhz, as the RAM is only 81% quality and it is only rated XMP at 3200Mhz, so running 3600Mhz safe is still an overclock for me.

lol! I wasn't sure how familiar you were with the programs, so I took the step by step route just in case :p Plus if anyone else reads it who's new to memory overclocking on Ryzen they would have some sort of idea of where to start.

I've tried every permutation thus far. I've tried all in one whack as well as primary timings. It's not having any of it.

Soldato
I've tried every permutation thus far. I've tried all in one whack as well as primary timings. It's not having any of it.

You got the same RAM as me and I thought I had it stable until I played Metro Exodus. That'll make my system crash. Bit beguiling reading 3200 owners can find stability when ours should be natively stable. Fn Noying! Like yourself tried many options and processes. Jus' dun' wannit!

Associate
I loaded my rams profile as you showed. Get 16 15 15 15 30 (8pack 4000mhz + 3800x) but on the advanced tab my chip quality is 93% and overclocking potential is 3674 at CL14.

Used DRAM calc to try and load up CL14 in the past, will boot but it is not stable. Do you think it would be possible to get 3600 cl14 on my memory?

I have the Team Xtreem 4000MHz hit, albeit bought ~April 2018 so can't be sure if exactly the same IC's as yours. From using it over the last year or so, I reckon its a mid grade B-die kit. Not top-end, but still pretty decent.

From Thaiphoon burner:

XMP PARAMETER PROFILE 1 PROFILE 2
Speed Grade: DDR4-4000 N/A
DRAM Clock Frequency: 2000 MHz N/A
Module VDD Voltage Level: 1.35 V N/A
Minimum DRAM Cycle Time (tCK): 0.500 ns N/A
CAS Latencies Supported: 18T N/A
CAS Latency Time (tAA): 9.000 ns N/A
RAS# to CAS# Delay Time (tRCD): 9.500 ns N/A
Row Precharge Delay Time (tRP): 9.500 ns N/A
Active to Precharge Delay Time (tRAS): 19.500 ns N/A
Active to Active/Refresh Delay Time (tRC): 29.000 ns N/A
Four Activate Window Delay Time (tFAW): 30.000 ns N/A
Short Activate to Activate Delay Time (tRRD_S): 9.000 ns N/A
Long Activate to Activate Delay Time (tRRD_L): 9.000 ns N/A
Normal Refresh Recovery Delay Time (tRFC1): 350.000 ns N/A
2x mode Refresh Recovery Delay Time (tRFC2): 260.000 ns N/A
4x mode Refresh Recovery Delay Time (tRFC4): 160.000 ns N/A

Key or import the required information from above into the Dram Calc and it gives a 90% quality rating for the kit, and a likely 3572MHz ceiling at C14.

This seems a fair assessment since with a 2600X, the kit seemed to like a little more voltage at a given frequency for C14 than the in-built V1 profile from Dram Calc, which it deems to be 93% quality.

Elsewhere in Thaiphoon burner it reads the Samsung IC's in the Xtreem 4000 kit as DDR4-2133P downbin.

That 3200MHz Teamgroup Steve from Hardware Unboxed used in his latest video is rated as DDR-2400R implying Samsung have graded the IC's to be higher end than those used in the Xtreem 4000MHz kit.

Yet to try the Xtreem 4000 kit at C14 with the 3600X I received last week, but its currently doing 3600MHz at C16 at the 1.38V I fed it without any errors from HCI memory tests or general usage.

Back
Top Bottom