Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Caporegime
Just use the web apps?

I do, the guy in charge of the 365 environment made a right moan because I didn't want to install the portal :p

Tell them to get ****ed if it is your own device.

Once you've installed the app, they can technically wipe it, within reason obviously

Web app shortcut will be enough to be able to check emails on any device. :) Work can't force you to install apps on your own phone.

This duel sim method actually saves the company money because they then don't need to buy a phone for you as a user.

Correct, hence me using the webapps.

It was more of a 'what if' statement :)

My personal phone could be wiped by work (I have a work profile). Why would they do it other than I lost it and it needs wiping though...

Obviously they'd need a legitimate reason to, but I still wouldnt want a company to have that capability

Caporegime
Once you've installed the app, they can technically wipe it, within reason obviously

By "tell them to get ****ed" I meant in reference to them asking to even install it in the first place not in reference to them wanting to wipe the device once installed.

I'm agreeing with the position you've taken essentially :)

I haz 4090!
Don
And what if say,a company wishes you to install the Microsoft Portal for using office 365 apps? They then have the capability of wiping your phone on your 'work' SIM/phone

I do have the portal, and I have a work profile on my phone, and it's intune managed. I've no concerns about them wiping my phone, they wouldn't do that unless I say "my phone's been nicked, wipe it!"

Caporegime
By "tell them to get ****ed" I meant in reference to them asking to even install it in the first place not in reference to them wanting to wipe the device once installed.

I'm agreeing with the position you've taken essentially :)

Fair game :)

I do have the portal, and I have a work profile on my phone, and it's intune managed. I've no concerns about them wiping my phone, they wouldn't do that unless I say "my phone's been nicked, wipe it!"

I'm sure it'll happen to someone ;)

Soldato
Obviously they'd need a legitimate reason to, but I still wouldnt want a company to have that capability

At the same time, why would they allow sensitive work information on your phone if they couldn't. Seems fair enough to me. I'm not forced to have work stuff on my phone.

How long did it take for delivery?

Hmm 7 to 10 working days maybe? I think they now sell it from their Euro warehouse, so maybe it could be quicker.

Soldato
Got a couple of USB keyboards to replace my 23 year old Cherry G80 as I no longer have a PS2 port.

DSC-0678.jpg

Caporegime
Nope just one.

One is a UK layout with MX red switches, the other is a German layout with Blue switches, by combining them I can make a UK layout MX blue board (and some odd QWERTZ MX red board that can go on eBay).
Totally with you on the switches. Blues all the way. Sometimes when I need to relax, I just type on my blues and the worries of the day just flood away :cool:

Back
Top Bottom