** NEW LG MONITORS - INCLUDING 2 EXCLUSIVE TO OCUK!!! **

Associate
Finally set mine all up, and got a few hours of gaming. A small amount of ips glow, nowhere near as bad as my old UH2515H.

A problem I did run into though was not being able to access my BIOS, the screen would only display input once windows had booted. So if anyone is having a similar issue and is running an Nvidia card, I had to update my 1070's Display Port firmware from here - https://www.nvidia.com/object/nv-uefi-update-x64.html . Not sure how you would do it on AMD or whether it would even be an issue, but hopefully can save someone time in the future.

Soldato
Finally set mine all up, and got a few hours of gaming. A small amount of ips glow, nowhere near as bad as my old UH2515H.

A problem I did run into though was not being able to access my BIOS, the screen would only display input once windows had booted. So if anyone is having a similar issue and is running an Nvidia card, I had to update my 1070's Display Port firmware from here - https://www.nvidia.com/object/nv-uefi-update-x64.html . Not sure how you would do it on AMD or whether it would even be an issue, but hopefully can save someone time in the future.

Nice one mate Thanks for the heads up.. I hope you (everyone) can get the BIOS thing resolved.

So presuming that everything is generally OK with no glaring problems pardon the pun, How is it to game on? I take it your old monitor was 60hz.. Does 144hz, 1ms (or thereabouts) GSync kick the ass of your old monitor or what mate? This is what we are buying it for after all :)

Associate
Got mine today, ran into a few difficulties nothing major, firstly the stand m not a fan of honestly, but I use a monitor arm so no big deal. Strangely Lg didn't really leave much from for a standardised vesa mount I ended up having to grind mine down to fit. This same arm fits any other monitor I have had including the Acer predator series and the rog swift and dell ultrasharp. My panel does have noticeable IPS glow but bleed is pretty minimal. Strangely games tend to auto minimise unless I'm running them in borderless window, no idea what that's about? The panel itself is very smooth with no real noticeable ghosting, I would say it easily beats the rog swift and predator. The panel is very thin with very small borders, exactly like the Dell Ultrasharp series. I will continue to test to see how I feel about it. Uniformity seems good thus far from what I can see, factory calibration is very good out of the box on srgb. This panel can run at 144hz while 10 bit colour is selected (8bit + dithering btw).

Edit it was the Dell onscreen software that was interfering, uninstalling that stopped the games minimising, dropping brightness to 65 is very nice, no noticeable glow just a little shimmer but very acceptable. My god the biggest shock Fired resident evil revelations 2 and honestly This panel is every bit as responsive as my older BenQ XL2430T (the fastest panel I ever owned) this truly is the fastest IPS panel out there. Motion clarity is exceptional. I can't believe I finally have an acceptable panel after searching since 2015. I am very particular and fussy and I can tell you this is honestly the best I have seen in this monitor range.

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks Uaon. Sounds very tasty indeed. 6 weeks wait for the next batch :( Come on LG! Shame about the stand & mounting, but great to hear those positives :D

Associate
I have tried every popular monitor that's been released over the past four years, this thing's legit. Im in the process of upgrading from my 980 ti to a 2070 super, because Nvidia is too lame to support the gsync ready feature on the 980 ti. So when I get that I will test the adaptive sync range.

Associate
Thanks Uaon. Sounds very tasty indeed. 6 weeks wait for the next batch :( Come on LG! Shame about the stand & mounting, but great to hear those positives :D

I have mine also hooked up to a monitor arm and there was no issue with spacing on my mount, or need to grind it. Can't speak of the stand quality though as it never left the box :D

Associate
I have mine also hooked up to a monitor arm and there was no issue with spacing on my mount, or need to grind it. Can't speak of the stand quality though as it never left the box :D
I tried the stand and it wasn't the greatest, the worst being that I couldn't get it low enough, my monitor arm was close just needed to shave off 3mm on top side both left and right, works fine now. The important thing is the panel is good,

Man of Honour
The 27GL850 has arrived with me now for testing and full review at TFTCentral. For those who were worried earlier, the small NVIDIA G-sync logo in the bottom left hand corner is an easily removed sticker :) You can run full 2560 x 1440 at 144Hz and 10-bit colour depth without issue. You may also want to disable the Smart energy saving feature in the general section of the OSD menu to avoid occasional changes to screen brightness

Associate
yes normally. maybe i will upload it earlier once i've done the calibration :)
I'd really appreciate that. What's your initial impressions on colour accuracy out of the box? I was finding that the default settings on gamer 1 had a warm tint, but gamer 2 seemed far more neutral.

Associate
The 27GL850 has arrived with me now for testing and full review at TFTCentral. For those who were worried earlier, the small NVIDIA G-sync logo in the bottom left hand corner is an easily removed sticker :) You can run full 2560 x 1440 at 144Hz and 10-bit colour depth without issue. You may also want to disable the Smart energy saving feature in the general section of the OSD menu to avoid occasional changes to screen brightness

this is the one I have my eye on, really want to order ASAP so I can join the queue :D:D awesome that you are reviewing it!! how long do you usually take to review products? or is this a "how long is a piece of string" situation? :)

Man of Honour
I'd really appreciate that. What's your initial impressions on colour accuracy out of the box? I was finding that the default settings on gamer 1 had a warm tint, but gamer 2 seemed far more neutral.
If you change to gamer 2 mode, i would recommend lowering the black eQualizer back to 50, as the default setting it has crushes contrast ratio quite a bit from what i've seen so far - unless you specifically want that black eQualizer setting like that for certain gaming of course

Man of Honour
On my unit the gamer 1 default mode was a bit too cool around 7000k. That's assuming you've not changed anything else like colour temp or RGB settings.

Anyway, feel free to try my calibration settings and profile and see if it helps. This is in the full native gamut mode:

preset mode Gamer 1
brightness 23 (to achieve 120 cd/m2 - feel free to change to your liking and ambient lighting conditions)
contrast 70
Black stabilizer 50
Gamma mode 2
Color temp custom
RGB - 58, 49, 48

ICC profile here: https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/icc_profiles/lg_27gl850_native.icc

Back
Top Bottom