Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
Not a bad family to be the black sheep of though! Who cares if for pure driving it's not meant to be quite as good as an EP3, it's definitely got some upsides for day to day use. My mate had one and compared to my EP3 it was crazily practical and more comfortable. Storage under the rear seats, ability to fold rear seats down completely flat and have huge amounts of boot space, looks cool and is still decent to drive.

Man of Honour
Thanks guys. Yes I think for the money they’re an exceptional car. Practical, economy is fairly good when you’re just cruising, good level of comfort and spec too (cruise, dual zone climate, auto wipers/lights, folding mirrors).

Then when you hoon it a bit with VTEC engaged, it comes alive and is just about as much fun as anything else I’ve driven, and I’ve driven all the modern fast hatchbacks (A45’s etc). Doesn’t have the pure straight line power but it has bags of grip and doesn’t ever feel slow.

Soldato
If i was to buy a Hatch again it would be an FN2 unless i had more cash then it would be the FK2

I've owned 2 and they are an absolute blast to drive Eibach springs and 17 inch wheels changes the ride from being a bit crashy.

Soldato
Thanks guys. Yes I think for the money they’re an exceptional car. Practical, economy is fairly good when you’re just cruising, good level of comfort and spec too (cruise, dual zone climate, auto wipers/lights, folding mirrors).

Then when you hoon it a bit with VTEC engaged, it comes alive and is just about as much fun as anything else I’ve driven, and I’ve driven all the modern fast hatchbacks (A45’s etc). Doesn’t have the pure straight line power but it has bags of grip and doesn’t ever feel slow.

I think they look a lot nicer than the EP3, the interior is a big improvement, and you still get the same noise and performance. The only thing that lets it down is the torsion beam rear suspension, but that does mean more boot space, and Honda insist it didn't ruin the handling.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
The ride on them gets old quick vs the EP3 though without the IRS. I'd go lightweight 17s with larger sidewall tyres to get some cofmort back and should have better unsprung weight too.

Soldato
To the vtec heads in this thread, apart from Honda mtf to service the gearbox with. What other recommended oil is there? Especially if you plan to drive it hard/track days.

Man of Honour
OP
It was recommended to me by the garage I use for my Honda, not had an issue with it. Here's what they sent me:

For a more track focused car I would recommend Torco RTF and friction modifier – it copes with higher loads/temps better than OEM MTF

Back
Top Bottom