US: Preacher - 2016

R3X

R3X

Soldato
With a slow start but the mid and end made up for it in a big way, still no word if season 4 is getting picked up but time will tell.

Soldato
I enjoyed the first two episodes but they were seriously gross at times.

Has anyone read the Preacher comic? I was wondering how similar the story of the TV was to the comic or was it just inspired by it. The reason I ask is the other Garth Ennis TV show The Boys is nothing like the comic but still really entertaining.

Soldato
I have all the Preacher books, not read them in years but pretty sure it's very similar in most respects, obviously there are some things that have been changed for the TV show. Seth Rogan is a huge fan of the comics and iirc Garth Ennis has been involved in the show. That said after watching the latest episode I am sure they have changed Cassidy's backstory.

Soldato
Just binged the whole of Preacher :)

Found the ending a bit rushed and tbh didn't fully understand it - off to Google.

Awesome show, but:

Love Jesse in S1, but as the show progressed, i found him to be an unlikeable character - selfish etc.

Cassidy - woefully underused. He was bad ass when we first met him in the aeroplane, but was a bit of a pussy after that. We didn't see much 'vamp' from him. And also the sunlight kills vampires thing seemed to be hit and miss - a fricking umberella?!

The S4 Ep with God/Jesse eye eating was a brutal episode - turned dark very quickly!

Caporegime
I liked s1-2 s3 was okay then s4 I'm getting tired of the show already.

the fight scenes I just find my self skipping most of them because they go on forever and just its tiresome and boring to watch them

I guess its trying to be banshee like with the fight scenes but erm no

some of the story arcs drag on forever as well like the guys grandma...

Soldato
If you've not read the graphic novel series, I suppose it's alright. A bit of Old Orleans swamp sort of weirdness vibe, like True Blood, perhaps...

Having read those comics myself, I thought it was ****.
Everything felt like a cartoonish parody of the original. The only character really close to their paper counterparts was Herr Starr, really. It felt like a noble ambition that got curtailed into following a more prevalent cultural fashion and padering to a wider audience not familiar with the source material, and in doing so they utterly ignored a lot of the key elements. It was like the Dwarf Tossing jokes in LotR.

Back
Top Bottom