Need A Good Quality Battery Strimmer £200 ish..

Associate
OP
@Simon42 Thanks for the reply, I have a dealer about 10 mile from me so with that info, think I'll go take a look see.

Best regards...

Words can't express how disappointed I am with Stihl and the Stihl dealer!
Appalling product and service...

Last edited:
Associate
@Simon42 Thanks for the reply, I have a dealer about 10 mile from me so with that info, think I'll go take a look see.

If you do decide to get any EGO equipment then consider the CH5500E charger, especially if you may need larger batteries for other devices in future as it's more than twice as fast as the CH2100E. In our case once we bought a self propelled EGO mower and its been great to charge its 7.5AH 56v in an hour even though one charge does our lawn.

Associate
OP
Cheers for the further info.
It's a shame I didn't come across EGO gear earlier, we bought good quality stuff previously over the last few years (Stihl) hedge trimmer pressure washer so expected other Stihl items to be of good quality and solid build, but the strimmer we bought just isn't up to snuff and broke/failed within the first month.
Dealer says it could just be a one-off but the US Stihl website says otherwise IE weak gear to motor link etc which is a shame, so after this disappointing episode I don't expect to be buying any new gear apart from another strimmer for at least 5 years now.. well I hope not, so not much point in spending extra cash on the bigger charger/battery, but it's good advice for those that follow not to fall into the same battery gear trap, or at least give food for thought anyway.

I'll keep you posted on further events.

Soldato
I have the bosch 36volt strimmer
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-Adva...less+strimmer&qid=1566126182&s=gateway&sr=8-3

I had to laugh at the person that gave it only a one star review because it was too powerful and he smashed a window with it :D:D:D
Mowed the grass then started the strimmer for the first time up only to find it heavy, unwieldy and very powerful.
Turned round to find a small stone kicked up by the strimmer had smashed a window!
Great if you want to clear a field although the battery dies very quickly,
useless for what I actually wanted it for.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thats a direct drive setup as well with a built in fan on the head to keep the motor cool.
List of parts as well..... https://www.mtmc.co.uk/Bosch-ART-30-36-LI-/-3600H78N00-Spare-Parts__p-91453.aspx

I had to laugh at the person that gave it only a one star review because it was too powerful and he smashed a window with it :D:D:D
Yeah same ole same with people!

Wish I had looked a little harder over the Stihl FSA 56, instead I just relied on a Big-Brand name, thought I was in safe Hands.... :rolleyes:
Still deciding what to get next, waiting for the dealer to play their hand.

Back
Top Bottom